iPhone PowerUp - same device multiplayer shooter!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jlauener, Nov 1, 2012.

1. jlauener

jlauener Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    #1 jlauener, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    Ready for frantic shooting action, powering up awesomeness and epic dodging?

PowerUp is a multiplayer iPad game for 2 to 4 players. Steer your ship to collect powerups and destroy your rivals in a fast paced tactical game! A unique combo system allows players to match powerups of the same color to boost their abilities. Get more powerful or break opponent's combo? it's your choice!

The powerups comes in 3 flavors, each giving a different ability that tremendously influence how to play:
    • Red: Shoot the good old classic projectiles, be aggressive.
    • White: Send drones to attack your opponent, you do not need to aim.
    • Purple: Drop mines on the ground, take control of the board.

Here is a gameplay video and some screenshots of our current development build.

version 0.9.2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

version 0.9.3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feature list:
    - fast paced action
    - unique powerup combo system
    - tournament mode
    - 2v2 team mode
    - practice against/with AI opponents
    - one finger control
    - neon style graphics

PowerUp is set to be released during November. It is being developed by ZappedCow, a two-people studio making homemade games. The best way to stay updated is to follow us on twitter.

If you are interested in beta testing through TestFlight contact us here or by PM.

EDIT: added screenshots of version 0.9.3

2. Appleisaac

Appleisaac Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    I have never done any beta testing before; however, I would love to start now. I don't know how beta testing works so you might need to explain. ;) I use an iPad 2 with the latest iOS. Looking forward to playing :)

3. jlauener

Jul 7, 2011
    Hey, thanks for your interest in PowerUp!

We will be using https://testflightapp.com for the beta. All you have to do is create an account on the testflight website and follow the instructions to register your device. Once this is done send me a PM with your email address and you will receive a mail with a beta invite once it starts. It's expected to start around the 10th of November.

It seems everybody own an iPad2! We are now mainly looking for iPad1/iPad3/iPad mini owners.

4. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

Looks like fun!
    I'd be interested in doing some beta testing on my iPad 3. I'll PM you my testflight account address.

5. jlauener

Jul 7, 2011
    Added some screenshots and extended the description.

The TestFlight beta test is still planned to start this week-end. Feel free to contact us :)

6. bladko

bladko Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    nice idea, i would add more bolded graphics, they might be just too thin for my taste (or as an option in settings)

just my 2 cents
    Tom

7. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

I tried the beta today with a friend and the game is feels promising! The gameplay itself is what makes this game fun - your goal is to collect powerups to get better weapons etc. to destroy your friends! The powerups can also be stacked, like in Blur, which works perfectly!

8. jayjayjay

jayjayjay Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    geometry war!

9. jlauener

Jul 7, 2011
    bladko: Thanks for the input. We are currently reworking all the lines to make since more visible.

oivoi: Thanks for the kind words!

jayjayjay: Yes kind of, but with 4 players, no aiming and a deep powerup system :)

10. jlauener

Jul 7, 2011
    version 0.9.3 changelog

We just released the beta version 0.9.3 of PowerUp! As usual contact me if interested in beta testing. We are especially looking to test on the iPad4 now.

New feature(s)
    -AI mode implemented (basic)

Improvement(s)
    -improved mine collision
    -improved shield collision
    -background grid is colored

Bug fixe(s)
    -team mode bug fixed
    -powerups never spawn on each other