Universal Fall of Angels- Original iOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by FunnyTypo, Dec 13, 2011.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #101 undeadcow, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    I am disappointed to now find there was a kickstarter last month, now failed, for an expanded edition of Fall of Angels; also funding a port to PC and Xbox 360. It seems I missed my chance to design my own boss enemy (maybe I couldn't have contributed at that level but would have pitched in some). It's curious to me how amazing games like Fall of Angels get un-noticed. Regardless, Fall of Angels is a great game so here's to hoping we'll see more like it in the future. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1679632556/fall-of-angels/posts/383351

2. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    What a shame. I'm not a rich man but I've have gladly thrown a few quid in this direction if I had been aware.

This game is unique with its environmental puzzles thrown into an interesting narrative and turn-based RPG. A true underrated gem if ever there was one.

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, has this been removed from the App Store?! Any chance we'll see it back again in the future?

4. redpanda33

redpanda33 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Decatur GA
    This is one of my top 5 iOS games. Amazing soundtrack too. It's a shame it didn't do well enough to last. iOS gaming is such a weird landscape. Tap to win games make millions and finely crafted games like this wither away. :-(

5. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Fall of Angels Update

Hi guys, I'm the dev on Fall of Angels, just thought I'd give an update on the current state of the game.

I'm currently testing a new version of Fall of Angels on Android, iOS and PC which has higher-res graphics, new areas, new items, and tweaked gameplay. The code is in it's beta stage, the maps are maybe 85% done (up to the Desert Tomb). It's looking in good shape, and I'm hoping to release on all three platforms as soon as possible. I wouldn't want to guess exactly when because I'm unfortunately not able to work on it full time any more, but soon!

I took the current version of Fall of Angels off the app store because the graphics were looking pretty blurry on the new iPhones/iPads and to be honest I felt bad leaving it up knowing that I'll be releasing a much improved version in the near future.

Thank you for your comments and support. It can be a demoralizing industry to try to make headway in, and the positive feedback really helps to fuel the development :)

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Such great news! Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it whenever it's ready!

7. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Fantastic news. Glad to hear the game is alive and well and undergoing a content infusion.

8. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Dev Update

Fall of Angels HD is currently in beta testing, and we're hoping to release on iOS and Android in around a month! We've had an intense 6 weeks pushing to get the game out, and we're almost there; there's more details on our website.

We've also entered the Unsung Heroes competition, an opportunity for mobile game developers that have struggled to market their games in a saturated app store to win a life-changing marketing deal. Anyone that has enjoyed Fall of Angels please show your support by liking our comment in the top post here: https://www.facebook.com/UnsungHeroesSG

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Took a second to find. If anyone else has trouble, on that top post, change it from "Top Comments" to "Recent Activity" and then you'll see the Fall of Angels comment. Then click on "Like" to like it!

10. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Please get in touch with me, kind dev. Let's get the word out a bit.

11. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Fall of Angels Released Today!

The new expanded version of Fall of Angels has been released today!​

View on iTunes here

I've edited the app information in this thread to point to the new version, hopefully it will be updated soon.

This new version has:

- Updated graphics for current devices
    - More maps
    - More paths
    - New tools and items
    - New puzzles
    - More dialogue
    - New enemies
    - New attacks
    - Improved battle system
    - Updates and changes to the UI

I'd love to hear any feedback, and as always will look to make any tweaks and improvements that come out of it!

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'm really excited to see Fall of Angels get a plush re-release; it was an all time favorite of mine and was one of the best iOS native RPGs I've played. Some of the graphics seem a wooden but despite that there's a lot of world exploration, a compelling plot, and nice adventure-like puzzle elements. Fall of Angels is easily worth $2.99 and should not be overlooked.

13. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Is it possible to add GC achievement?

14. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Fall of Angels is definitely worth checking out even without achievements; for a rpg/adventure game like this that's not score based achievements might feel arbitrary.

15. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Yeah i'll be checking this out with our without the GC especially after they update the game

I'm totally sold on this :)

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Hopefully TA can add this thread to the App info page on TA.

17. FunnyTypo

FunnyTypo Active Member

Dec 11, 2011
    App developer
    UK
    Free promo codes

Fall of Angels has recently been ported to PC and Mac, and as a result an update to the iOS version of the game has been released with improvements that we made during the porting process.

That means we have some new promo codes for the iOS version of Fall of Angels to give away!

This is likely to be the last time that we work on Fall of Angels in any capacity, and the hope is to go out with a release on Steam just to say that we did it. If you'd like to show support on our Steam Greenlight page that would be amazing (link here). If you'd just like a code to play the iOS version please send me a message and I'll get one over to you. At this point we just want to get the game in front of as many people as possible! Hope you enjoy :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Congrats! I've got it on iOS and will definitely check it out on Steam.

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    thanks a lot for the code, i'm playing and really enjoying it, it's an excelent RPG, imho different from many others in a better way... and i like graphics, they are also different from all those boring cute chinese/korean ones that fill the appstore.