The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Primarily multiplayer. There's a garden ops mode you can play by yourself by setting up a private game, but it's not very fun by yourself.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Okay cheers, nearly grabbed it last night but wasn't sure.

3. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    [​IMG]

In other news, I started Wolfenstein: The New Order yesterday. So far it's a very "meh" experience. Nothing special, but okay enough to keep on going. Can't wait for Destiny.

4. september

Sep 14, 2012
    How can I explain Wolfenstein... it doesn't do anything new, rather takes the core ingredients of the genre and makes them fun again, remembering its heritage and is best enjoyed as an old school shot 'em up with a sprinkle of stealth. It definitely doesn't break any new ground, rather adds an almost bitmap brothers magic to something done.

But that won't work for everyone :)

5. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Just finished inFAMOUS Last Light, enjoyed it emensly once I got past the initial ho-hum deja vu. Brilliant, arenas/challenges look a bit of fun too so won't stop playing just yet. Highly recommended for people that got into Second Son.

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    So Wolfenstein was alright, truly enjoyed the characters and the story, the gameplay didn't wow me. Don't regret the experience though.

Still enjoying PvZ: GW, next game I take on will probably be a PS3 game.

7. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I've not bought a PS4 game for quite a while, just been browsing the game release dates and I don't see anything remotely worth buying until late November. :(

I know no one will agree but I'm rather depressed by my console of choice turning into an fps machine. How many shooters out right now for it? 7-8-9?

and not a single rpg worth buying yet, if it's going to turn into an fps box then I'll simply sell it. I don't mind there being shooters but when the system is totally swamped by them it's a joke.

8. earthclaw

earthclaw Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Freakin Space Alien
    Alienville

I agree, I have yet to buy into the whole next gen console for this fact. Takes at least a couple years before something good comes out. I wont buy a console so i can play re-hashed indie games i played a year ago . Im happy with my ps3 until maybe summer/fall 2015

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Why didn't you wait to buy it until it had a good selection of RPG's? It was clear it wasn't going to be swimming in RPG's even before the console launched.

10. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #150 september, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    Maybe you should try Final Fantasy or even Diablo if you don't mind ARPG.

11. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Diablo Three RoS is excellent man. D3 is a great game overall.

Other news:
    EDF 4.1 is coming to PS4 soon.
    I am excited.

YouTube: video

12. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    That would have been the best idea I agree.

But at the time I had the money and I wasn't sure if/when I'd have it to spare again. I have played some okay games on it, AC4 was enjoyable but I'm still waiting for a decent rpg.

I agree with the above post, Diablo 3 is a great game. Unfortunately I already own it on my 360, so can't really justify buying the same again again. Yeah it has new stuff but I donut the new stuff is worth the £40-45 price.

13. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    There is a small open world dealie called "Bound By Flame". Its a dark RPG.

14. september

Sep 14, 2012
    For those that enjoyed Watch_Dogs, Bad Blood is meant to drop 30th Sept, a week earlier for season pass holders. Looks like a little less hack and bit more boom.

15. september

Sep 14, 2012
    If Horizon is truly GG's next game and if they're able to deliver on the RPG element it should be a winner, who can argue with mechanical dinosaurs.

Attached Files:

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
  17. september

Sep 14, 2012
    It actually feels very much like more of the same, if that's a good thing or bad thing will ultimately depend on how much you enjoyed the original. Early days yet so may be a bit premature, but I would have hoped for more original content, especially at 3.7gb (I guess it's largely the speech, who knows). Compared to First Light for inFAMOUS it's a little underwhelming so far, while that reused the main map too - the arenas, one other new location and the strength of the story made it feel a bit fresher.

18. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    That looks very interesting.
    I will watch it.
    Is there a TA destiny clan?

19. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Finally, a month full of great releases!

-Shadow of Mordor unlocks for me in another 6-7 hours via PSN.
    -Drive Club comes out next week.
    -The Evil Within comes out the week after.

:D

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I am not getting Shadow of Mordor immediately, but will almost certainly be getting in a short time. I thought the first 2 Batman games were phenomenal, and the comparisons with Shadow of Mordor make me very hopeful. OTOH I have yet to play a Hobbit game that I enjoyed - although I am huge Tolkein fan. Despite some top both reviews I am going to follow closely and purchase after I get some general mass impressions. I am excited about Drive Club - hopefully it will be great. Currently no good driving games out there - man, I wish a Burnout type game would be done for PS4 - loved everyone of their games.