Here's how to bypass the 2nd gen iPod Touch Requirement (For GTA Chinatow Wars)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by qasim, Jan 18, 2010.

1. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    #1 qasim, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
    If you are one of the early adapters of Apple's iPod Touches, you are probably pissed off to find out you can't get GTA Chinatown Wars on your 1st gen touch, because it's not compatible with it.

Well, I've found a solution.

If you don't want to risk losing $9.99, download iSamuari Lite for free, which is also not compatible with the 1st gen iPod Touch. Then follow these steps using iSamuari Lite.

1.) Download WinRar
    2.) Go to your applications in iTunes and find the app that is not compatible with the 1st gen Touch, in this case GTA Chinatown Wars. Right click it and click "Show in Windows Explorer"
    3.) Drag the .ipa file to your desktop.
    4.) Right click the .ipa file and click "Open With..." Then find WinRar and open it with that.
    5.) Double click "Payload."
    6.) Click the .app file and on the top hit "Extract To" and extract it to your desktop.
    7.) On your desktop you'll find a new folder "Payload." Open it and drag the .app file to iTunes. Make sure the other GTA Chinatown Wars file isn't on iTunes. The .app file on iTunes won't have an icon, but don't worry, there'll be an icon on your iPod touch.
    8.) That's pretty much it! Enjoy :)

Credit goes to "Somerandomdude" and if you don't believe me, first download iSamuari Lite and try it with that. :)

2. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    :D, nice job dude!

3. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Lol thanks.. I really thank "somerandomdude" though. He was the one who helped me out :):)

4. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Is it legal to modify the the app?

I know the actual app is within the payload, but still... just because you downloaded it doesn't mean it's yours to modify.

5. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    well you did pay for it ;)

6. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    And does GTA run nicely?

7. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    I'm pretty sure if you pay for it its yours to do whatever you want Except Redistribute with attempt to sell
    That's like saying you buy Captain Morgan but your not allowed to go home and modify it with a bit of coke :rolleyes:

8. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Oh please...

You should be happy that they're doing this instead of doing something else...

9. Cougarcat

Cougarcat Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Why will Chinatown Wars run on a first gen iPhone, but not a first gen iPod touch? I thought they used the same processor. Is that incorrect?

10. Zombie_dance

Zombie_dance Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    How does it run

11. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    They probably made it not compatable because r-tards would leave shite reviews saying it's laggy.

12. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    why was i expecting a Gangstar type game instead?

13. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    So ... no impressions on how this works on a 1st gen yet? Nobody willing TOFTT?

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Because you've been under a rock the last year and 8 months.

15. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

If it's legal to jailbreak your iPhone then it's legal to modify a game that you purchase and exist solely on your purchased iDevice. In fact it's much more legal than jailbreaking, as the cost of developing the game is only a miniscule fraction of the iPhone.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Actually the creator of the software has full copyright authority over who may use or alter the data contained within. Just because so many devs have encouraged it in the past doesn't mean it's legal all the time. If you need to start cracking data formats and reverse engineering then the chances are they didn't want you to do it.

In this particular case I don't think it'd matter too much. Rockstar would probably assume that anyone smart enough to work around the limitations would be smart enough to accept any performance issues that came with it.

17. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

it tthe ds version with less responsive controls.
    my verdict?

CHEAP SHIT!(drug reference)GET IT!

18. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I mean running on a first gen touch =<

19. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    I'll let you know if it's smooth or not. I'm still deleting some apps because I need more memory to install. Even though it is 188 mb, and I have 600 MB free, it's not letting me install because I don't have enough space. I might have to delete Driver :(.

20. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Well, on other threads, they're talking about decompression while installing and blabla, and the game is 680 mb big (or so). So maybe you will, indeed, have to delete driver :eek:

Do it please so we'll have impressions :rolleyes: (Just Joking!)