Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Two days ago I had to sleep on the floor next to him :(

2. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yeah, great games.

I was way slow off the start, but there wasn't much I could have done to speed it up. You always had an advantage with first move.

3. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I know. See you around.

4. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    So we managed before you stop playing. Good game, I was lucky with cards this time especially with having some monsters on the table at the beginning of the game.

Btw which timezone are you? I ask for ref for next times

5. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks for the game! Frankly, I don't know what I was doing -- losing 30+ points on table?! I lost wasy less than expected, as I was lucky to gain some mechna along the way, or it would have been a landslide.

I live in GMT+8 and (secretly) play during lunch time.

I see you play Cargo Runners (or may be Ticket to Ride?), too. See you around.

6. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Gmt8 then see you at my lunch break!
    Do not forget I kept banishing the best cards from the table. I guess that might have broken your game and once I was 35 in front I just went cruising. I was very aggressive for the first half .... Because your first pick kind of make me think you like constructs over simpler cards and monsters ...

I am starving for playing cargo runners!

7. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    And for some reason I was not aware of, I picked up mostly the rune providers rather than power providers which means definite disadvantage in a "monster-rich-environment". Usually, not picking any heavy infantry early on is not my style at all.

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I adapt the style a bit but tend to split the game in two parts (first and second half), but because I truly had the feeling you were going fully on runes (you took a construct as first card that I hate but seems loved by construct lovers), when cards allowed I simply banished all good heros and constructs from the table and focused on monsters :)
    Then the draw three cards hero arrived in my hand and I think for me to loose would have been difficult at that moment.

Anyhow this really shows that randomness plays less of a role than people think when some thinking is put in this really nice game!!

9. aaronius80

aaronius80 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Legal/Enforcement
    Asia
    Hey FPE, I am still waiting for you to accept the game.:p Anyway I am on GMT+8

10. oxblood

oxblood New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Game Impressions

Just a quick impression: Very well done port of the game. Feels nice, looks nice, plays as nice, relaxed and simple as the original :)

11. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Oh gosh I have 10 pending now ... looks like everybody wants to kick my **** lately :(:(

Sorry if it takes a while I am now delving into Pocket RPG and Deflect ..... :D

12. bouglibougla

bouglibougla Member

Jul 14, 2011
    looks similar to shadow era,
    really good stuff here

13. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    #533 FPE, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    Let's see I am playing aaronius right now during my lunch break ... based on the first half game I think I will loose.

Update: lost by 1 point! I thought much worse ... thanks for the game. I made two errors, I wonder if you spot them. But you had few amazing sequences of 10+ cards!!!!

14. aaronius80

aaronius80 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Legal/Enforcement
    Asia
    Thanks for the game! It was really close! Same as the 1st game we had. I didnt really notice your errors but only 2 errors in a game is good. I made some stupid mistakes like forgetting to use The All Seeing Eye to draw an extra card for 2 turns. Using a card which requires me to banish a card in my hands or discard pile to draw another card when i have nothing else, ended up have to banish that new card i just acquire.

15. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I banished cards I wanted top take from the centre twice and .... I forgot to take runes cards so I realized I played half game only with apprentices :eek: :eek: actually I did more than two errors ... like I never used the ygg staff and settled for useless cards, forgot to banish from my pile (literally clicked none :eek:) ... must have been that I was nervous by playing hidden in my office and hoped nobody would drop in ...

Still it was fun and very close. I was sure it would have been much worse

Till next time!!!

16. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    I happen to be in GMT+8 too, what is your GC ID?

17. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    the same as his forum name

18. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Finished an awesome game with 51 honor points from the board, 94 overall. Avatar Golem rocks!

[​IMG]

19. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    you cooked your adversary very crispy :D

20. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    hello guys, good day..
    had a few rounds of games with some of the folks here and some random ones...
    met up with this dude who amasses a tonne of constructs.. scared the crap out of me.. and i was trying desperately to keep up... but thankfully with enough kills and collecting some high end life bound and enlighten heroes swung the game back to me.. :)

interesting game... :D

Attached Files: