Using Social Media as a Marketing Tool

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Karl King, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Karl King

Karl King New Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Professional artist and independent game designer.
    North America
    Hey guys, I was curious if anyone here had some ideas for trying to build a good following on social media, particularly Facebook and Twitter, for a new mobile game release. So far, I am just starting out and have only posted a few pieces of art - nothing fancy - but I plan on adding much more new content soon, and adding frequently.

But what I am trying to figure out is how to get more people to come to my FB and Twitter pages in the first place. Twitter has proven a bit more successful for me so far, and I have been pretty active on it lately as well, but what are some good tips I could try to build awareness and get traffic to my pages? Of course, I want the right demographic and not just random traffic that will not benefit my page. I have considered the new Facebook page promotion offers (that claim to boost likes for a monetary amount), but I have not tried them yet. Has anyone here used them to any success yet? I don't generally believe that likes that you "buy" are too beneficial in the first place.

Anyway, any help or responses are appreciated! Thanks guys!

2. pidigi

pidigi Member

Jun 7, 2014
    facebook sponsored ads are really useful if you target well and relatively cheap .