[Cursed Realms](3D Dungeon Keeper Like) From BansheeSoft maker of Mission Europa

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SouL_DragooN, Sep 21, 2011.

1. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Thank you sir....i am placing far more emphasis on graphics now... we do have a bit to go but this baby will be signing from the rooftops by the time me and the testers get done!.. drop by the blog and drop some input if you get time =)

2. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Video progress update

New dev video with the sky box in and me possesing and running around with a pusbucket.

More at RyanMitchellGames.WordPress.Com

Still lots to add but it is getting there byte by byte ;)

3. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Still going strong =) (If this was a full time job I would have been done a year ago =P....)

Finally have the final Possession code in to take over turret objects...

Unlike Dungeon keeper you will be able to be all the turrets also... I am 75% sure that you could not in dungeon keeper.. I could be wrong that was a LONG time ago =)

As always you can find me at the blog =)

4. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    *drooled a bit*

5. Kbom

Kbom Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    I wish this was Your full time job, in that way I would have played this for about a year!
    I'm vary exidet about this game, there have not been a prober doungeon keeper game since....well....doungeon keeper, I barticularly enjoyed doungeon keeper 2 but this game seems more fun though! I can barely wait.

I little notice! I think there should bee a crosshairs so you can see where you are pointing the turret or gun or sword, just an idea though.

6. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thanks good idea!.. very easy to do... and I will put that in the options...

Here is something not in the Dungeon Keeper series =)

Air units!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes you can take them over and fly over bombarding areas also =)

I am getting a lot more game work time now so lets home I can really get some momentum rolling =)...

7. Ap0calypse

Ap0calypse Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Wow... Just learned that the creator of ME, a game i just loved, is going for another round!

Btw man, are you alone as a dev?
    Great work, tou got another 1st day buyer

8. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thank you so much man... and yes I am a one man band using my own hand written engine!

It seems I am one stubborn fool that doesn't give up! Lol ;)

Great to hear man! I am glad you liked Mission Europa it was quite an undertaking. I promise I will not disappoint ya with Cursed Realms!

9. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Wow I had a busy 6 days. However, I am finally getting back to work on Cursed Realms. I added in air units now. Here is a video of me messing with the editor and possessing and attacking with an air unit.

Long way to go still but at least I am back to making progress =)

10. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Hey just a quick question like ME are you going to offer a standard edition and collectors edition? Or was that a failed experiment. I loved ME, I only stopped playing it because my friend locked me out of my iPod from failed passcode attempts and I had to restore it... I learned from that experience, never give your friend your iPod and always back it up..

11. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    failed experiment ;)... The current plan is free for the first 3 levels then buy each episode to support the future =)

Long time no see =)

12. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Are all episodes going to be released at one time or through updates?

13. Beasttss

Beasttss New Member

May 13, 2012
    I've been reading this thread from time to time ever since it was created (finally created an account few days ago)
    even though idk what dungeon keeper is (im jr high) but this game looks awesome! ill buy this right at the day its released on the app store! Loved both necromancer rising and mission europa
    quick question, how far are you done with the project? ive been dying to ask you that, thank you!

14. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Can you give the uninitiated a quick codebase / engine update?

I haven't played necro rising or ME in a while.

15. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Fireball:
    Just the first episode and possibly the level editor and a sharing method first. Then the rest shortly after. Level creation with this engine is very fast.

Beasttss:
    It is just so hard to tell when it will be out. It WILL make it =). The first goal is alpha with my small test crew to get gameplay just right. That seems to be approaching VERY soon. (you can follow my todo list here: Careful if you do not want spoilers as they will be there as I go...http://ryanmitchellgames.wikispaces.com/TO+DO+LIST) Search dungeon keeper 2 on you tube. The game is mostly modeled on that. Thanks for the new interest!

NullRoar:
    Currently I am finalizing the AI and the methods by which they play the game themselves. This is a total engine rewrite from Mission Europa. It is Opengl ES 2.0 only. It supports all the current cutting edge graphics techniques. My characters are parralaxed, normal mapped, specular mapped, color mapped, and glow mapped machines =)... After I finish the AI I will have to add in some simple gameplay systems to deal with the different level area types. Then there is all the unforeseen things I will hit =)...

Thanks for the interest yall! =)... I am getting some work done this morning before the day job. Have a great day!

16. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Small test level trying out the flying... found a bug at the end =)... still a ways to go .. Very different game huh =)..lol hopefully not to different.

This is running on a 4 year old or so Mac Mini in simulation mode so please ignore the FPS it SCREAMS on newer devices.

17. TravisR2H

TravisR2H Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    I am looking forward to this game a lot. Can you give us the latest update on progress? Mission Europa made me realize the great potential for iOS gaming (especially from indie's). I never missed a console since.

18. MaxPancaKe

MaxPancaKe Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    Looks interesting.. Any ETA for this?

19. Keithustus

Keithustus Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Curious whether the iPhone launch will introduce further delay for aspect ratio / UI tweaking?

20. medicalbenko

medicalbenko Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012