iPad The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chaos_envoys, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #821 Ayjona, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    The TWEWY Wikia will explain pretty much everything about the game, but in short, mingle PP is a form of xp/evolution points for your pins that require you to connect locally to a friend with TWEWY.

Mingle PP is used to evolve some pins which can be evolved by either mingle or shutdown, and usually yields a slightly more powerful new pin than the shutdown PP evolution, or for pins which evolve only by mingle.

(In case you are unfamiliar with the concept of pin evolution, it means that once your evolvable pins reach a certain point, often but not always their maximum level, they disappear, and you receive a new, more powerful pin instead. The new pin, true to the name, is an evolution of the old pin, and provides similar powers. In order to reach the point of evolution, the PP must come pimarily from the correct PP source (mingle, battle or shutdown) for that evolution path. Evolvable pins are described as thus on the third page of pin information.)

2. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I'm sorry you spent all the time typing that, I already sort knew what mingle is :/

What I meant was to ask how to use it. I looked at the menu for it and it was extremely confusing. How do I add friends and how do I set my other iPhones up to use mingle? Must I have a twitter account?

3. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Only through Bluetooth, the other iDevice must be running TWEWY at the same time and in Mingle mode.

4. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Just started playing this game after wasting my time (and hard earned money) with Wild Blood and Avengers Initiative. Very exciting battles and gameplay mechanics. See? You don't need to have unreal graphics (pun intended) to make people enjoy your games.

5. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I was about to buy Wild Blood :(

6. johannaffendy

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Hey go ahead if you want to. Wasn't that bad, it's just that WB felt like a generic hack & slash when it should've been a milestone title for Gameloft.

7. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I've just finished the Joshua story and I have a question: why is it that I'm getting low scores fighting all the bosses? I have no trouble with getting Star rank against regular mobs, but I always get E for damage or timing against blue noise bosses or the final bosses in week 1 and 2.

8. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Just don't worry about it.

9. johannaffendy

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    But it is built on Unreal engine, as advertised.

10. It has to be the majority from the start. It'll probably be too late if you start from level 6/7.

11. johannaffendy

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Twitter integration is quite unique, too bad there are not too many mentions of TWEWY. Come on guys! Don't you have Twitter? :eek:

12. I don't think you need to have a Twitter account to use the feature. I don't remember ever logging in, at least.

13. johannaffendy

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    You don't need to log in. The game posts any related tags as specified by the player. It's just that not many people mention TWEWY on Twitter.

14. johannaffendy

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Anyone noticed one of the ingame tracks sound like LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It? :cool:

15. sirrozha

sirrozha Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    It was a great surprise for me that this game is built upon Unity engine. Best Unity game I’ve seen so far.

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Actually, after the disappointment among DS players over the TWEWY site countdown, #TWEWY was a quite popular hashtag, so using "TWEWY" as a tag in the game will yield quite a lot of disgruntled messages ;)

17. What?
    ...I'm so confused.

18. Qngage

Qngage Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Indonesia
    So basically if I wanted to get mingle pp, I still need other idevice with the same game connected with me? Bummer... *sigh... :(

19. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    They must have posted on the wrong thread. lol

20. iEdGamer

iEdGamer Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Most likely, they'll never push an update for the mingle PP. That's when I took an arrow to the knee and stopped playing. Although I have the darklit planet deck set, I still can't access the game's superboss which is quite a BIG let down.