Exploration / sandbox-y games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jorlen, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Lol the last link was a thread I started I knew it. :)

2. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Instead they made an IAP heavy game with timers. I forget the name but I was so disappointed.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Which is better? Space Miner or Space Miner Blast? Or both haha.

4. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    #24 aikavari, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    Space miner definitely. Space miner blast is like a freemium endless version of space miner.

EDIT: to be fair, I never gave Space Miner Blast a long enough playtime to warrant my judgement...call download it again now...

EDITAGAIN: So think of Space Miner Blast as a modern version of Asteroid. You progress across waves with each level up allowing you to choose an upgrade to one of your stats.

In the original Space Miner, you do exploration and mining with earned money used to buy new weapons, armies, engines, etc for your ship. Once a level is fully mined, revisiting the level no longer yields anything so essentially, when you're done, the only option you have is to restart

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    No one likes WazHack anymore?

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Both sound pretty sweet... I'm gonna have to try them out when I get a chance, figuring that everyone on TA always talks about them

7. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I love Wazhack. I still play, still trying to master the Mage. Have hardly dipped into the other classes yet.

It's funny because when it released I wondered where you were in the Wazhack thread as it seemed so down your street that your absence from the thread was conspicuous. I was honestly intending to pm you about the game in case you were not aware when you turned up in the thread anyway !

Wazhack is honestly my favourite rogue-like on the platform and I promise you I've played most if not all options on my phone. Wazhavk will never leave my device.

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I got a late start on WazHack because I was skeptical about a sidescrolling roguelike; but once I gave it a shot I haven't been able to put it down. I've been stuck on the Huntsman. WazHack was one of my top ten games from last year but by the time I got into it the thread had died down.

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Wazhack is a game I think I'd love if I only would put some time into it. The controls feel awkward on my ipad mini. I wish it had a DPAD or something. Tapping where I want to go just feels off and not fluid at all. If I could play it with a controller, I know I'd never put it down.