Antimatter?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LordGek, May 31, 2009.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Gang,

I gather this is a pretty controversial game folk either love or hate. It looks interesting to me but I hear it gets insanely tedious in the later levels...at the same time I foolishly think it still might be worth the $0.99.

So two questions for you all:

1) What happens when you die? I'm hoping it is simply game over and you start all over from the beginning but I know there are a lot of games that will let you continue endlessly from whichever level you finally were defeated at. Even if it does let you continue does your score get reset to 0 at least?

2) The second question is this for the one time lovers of the game. Now, months later, is it still taking a prominent spot on your iphone/ipod and played from time to time or, after finally driving you mad, completely deleted from your device never to show it's sparkly bits again?

Thanks in Advance!

2. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I enjoyed it for a while, when it first came out, but didn't love it. I thought it was worth playing and worth a buck, but I doubt that I would install it again. If I recall correctly, it went from challenging to frustrating, when the object density reached a certain point. Once you reach that plateau, it feels like it's either not possible or not worth it to soldier on. For the record, I'm not really a fan of Pangea, but I played this game more than any of their other titles (including Enigmo, for some strange reason, even though that is a "better" game).

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Thanks, I just heard from the developers that when you die the game instantly resumes from your last save point.

Instant NO SALE in my book.

I like my games to be endless (they can keep the challenge going as long as I can stay in the game) but with definite ends when I do finally die (when I die I should have to start over FROM SCRATCH).

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I didn't like the game. It was polished and well made, but core gameplay didn't do it for me. It's impossible to win even once you get to level 5 or so. One of my regretful purchases.

5. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Please don't buy this game... like coconut said, it is very polished and looks great, but the gameplay is so limited, and frustrating at times... I think i bought it full price too... probably skip this one for now

6. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up guys

7. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    yeah, Pangea has dissapointed me. The only game of theirs worth buying is Cro-mag Rally, which is still pretty good.