Maxis Robosport Clone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jmelrose, Mar 30, 2009.

1. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    Does anyone know of a game that simulates the old Maxis title "Robosport"?

(On a side note, anyone know of a Mac OS X version/recreation of the title?)

Too bad a lot of the old Maxis games aren't ported to the iPhone. SimEarth would also be a pretty fun one!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in a direction... or, devs, there's a game concept that might translate well! Multiplayer could be very easily done even via email!

2. junkurchin

junkurchin Member

May 29, 2009
    #2 junkurchin, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    I, for one, would love to see a Robosport-like game on the iPhone/Touch. Multiplayer over wifi or even the way Chess With Friends does it would be awesome. I love skirmish-type turn-based games.

3. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

Started to write a flash-version of Robosport once but got bogged down. Basically any sort of "set your moves, compile everyone's turn, watch the results,repeat..." sort of game would be perfect for the iphone, imo.

4. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    somone should port Marathon to the iphone

5. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    An iTunes version of the RoboRally board game would be excellent. EA have already got a deal with Hasbro to port their games to various devices, so I'm sure there's a chance it might happen if enough people asked them. ;)

There is a small "program a robot to do actions" game called LightBot which is a port of one of Armor Games flash titles http://armorgames.com/play/2205/light-bot (no idea how to do itunes links, so this will have to do)
    Only 20 levels, no opponents to shoot, and reasonably simple once you work out what's going on, but it's still entertaining. And it's also free, which is nice. :D

6. thatmarkguy

thatmarkguy Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
  7. Darth Elevator

Darth Elevator Active Member

Jan 10, 2012
    I came across this thread two or three years ago when I got my first iPad and was looking for Robosport or a clone for iPad. I recently discovered Frozen Synapse, which is a simultaneous, turn-based strategy game. It's on sale today for 99 cents, which is a steal. Programming your turn is super easy; none of the programming clunkiness of Robosport, but all of the thrill of simultaneous turns. And wonderful graphics and soundtrack -- it's a great experience.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/frozen-synapse/id634991828?mt=8