Universal Middle Manager of Justice - (by Double Fine Productions, Inc.) - Universal

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 5, 2012.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I don't see that as game breaking ;) lol

2. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Can confirm this is true, was a pain in the ass to get downloaded again (not sure if this was a game issue, or an iCloud/iTunes issue, though iTunes was acting rather messy last night), but I got it.

They've definitely improved on the game a bit, nothing massive, but still slight quality of life improvements. Missions now start at 4 stars, and give an amount of coins multiplied by the amount of stars (so 4x10 for the first area, assuming this amount goes up for further areas). You get extra coins periodically from the neighbourhoods you've been saving.

Super powers seem to have gotten a slight overhaul as well. Your hero's now have charges, which seem to be based on their intelligence (at least, the 3 int hero I got had more power charges then the 1 int hero I started with). Using a power consumes charges, so you can actually use a power a couple of times in a row if you've been prudent about conserving them, adding a bit of resource management more or less. Haven't figured out what recharges the bars, might just be time, not 100% sure.

Major complaint I still have is that they still haven't fixed the device heating up after a short period of play. I really can't imagine that a game like this can be this processor intensive.

3. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yep. That's up there on our list of features we want to add in the update!

4. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    All the textures should be MUCH more sharper on ALL the devices! WE were being super conservative with the memory, but we've manage to scale up some of the characters. And we have much more characters planned! We already have two ready in updates in the coming months!

5. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yep, we found it AND has been fixed.

6. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Huh, I thought we had fixed the heating issue. We'll look at it again. Which device are you on? And yes, powers used to be just on "turn" based cooldown. Now they are focus (mana) based. The replenish over real time and the speed in which it replenishes is based on intelligence. Your max mana also grows by intelligence as well! Your powers have an ability cost and the effectiveness is also based on intelligence. And yes, this was in response to the feedback that Intelligence had no use, and also that there wasn't enough to think about in fights. Pressing the power button all the time used to be a no brainer, now you have think about whether you want to save it or not, or sacrifice health or power to have more intelligent hero.

7. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hey guys!
    So a quick update on what's happened since my oopsie launch. We've fixed the bugs that's been reported here and on our forums, and have taken a look at how we can make the game better based on the feedback that we've gotten. So the major changes are:

Cloud Saves: The only caveat is that once you boot up on the other device, you have to go through the tutorial first to sync up your save. We'll fix this in the future.

Better combat: We've tied Intelligence more to the powers, add the notion of focus (mana) and have activating powers be something you do have to think about at each battle. We've also added Middle Manager abilities, which are powers that the Middle Manager has to influence the battle with office appropriate names (Crunch Time).

Coin collection: Each district generates coins based on its own happiness over time. You make that better by clearing out crimes, but you won't be stuck in a situation where you keep losing a fight and have no other ways of earning coins. Also, the Todo list grants you rewards for doing things outside of battle.

Adding more "Management": You can now have all the heroes fight, and not just the active ones. But you have to decide who works in the office and who can "work from home" and fight. In addition, crime will appear in all parts of the map, but to not make things feel monotonous, you can "delegate" your heroes to fight crime. This means they will fight on their own and as the player can do other things while the fight is resolved.

And many other bells and whistles. Hope you guys enjoy the game! It will be out in territories outside of Canada VERY soon!

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Can't wait :)

9. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    The video helped I posted then ;-)

10. DF Kee

DF Kee Active Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hhahaha, yes, it did. Thanks!! (and don't tell too many people about it until the patch!!! :D)

11. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    interesting concept

12. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah dont tell too many people. SOME is okay though :) PM me!

13. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    iPhone 4S, iOS 6.something, not the very latest, but the one before. Played through from the start to the first boss, roughly 30 minutes or so, heating up started after about 10-15 minutes, or at least, it became noticeable then.

14. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Congrats guys, you worked as a free bug testing team.

15. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Yep and it's a good way to earn exp in the field who knows what doors it may or may not open. I knowing that I helped in making something better gives me a buzz one the games I bug hunted for even got into apple front page.

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I want this now ;)

17. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

And you can! The game is now out everywhere ;)

18. Thrak360

Thrak360 Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Trying to download this from US store before going to work. "The item is no longer available." *sob* Maybe after work.

19. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    This game is free!?

For great Justice!!

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    #160 bramblett05, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Wow even more epic then before

A little slowdown happens in game hope that gets fixed