Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. CJJ

CJJ Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Student
    Hawaii, USA
    #10061 CJJ, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    So I had to restart my phone and when I opened up PP, I got the tutorial. Apparently my game got deleted? I'm so angry right now. Months of work down the drain. I guess my addiction for PP is over. :( Hopefully those guys at Nimblebit can do something.

2. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Under settings there is a string of letters that you can quote to Nimblebit on their support website and they can help you.

3. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #10063 Faye Valentine, Dec 16, 2012
    Next Global Event: Magic Convention in Iqaluit ... hey, that's even further than Goose Bay. Ah... a nice slow paced event, perfect while we stress out over the holidays. :D

Edit:
    Well this is interesting... the prize differences:
    Winner: 25 Bux
    Top 10: Starship Part
    Top 100: 20 Bux
    Under 100: 10 Bux

4. boomerkidd

Jun 25, 2012
    #10064 boomerkidd, Dec 16, 2012
    First place 25 bux, top ten gets a starship part. But i'm not seeing any blue jobs for iqaluit. Opened quebec and iqaluit and nothing is showing up blue at the moment :/

Edit: oh the blue jobs finally showed up after nearly 30 minutes.

5. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Hmm... that sounds like a familiar problem, happened with Jerusalem.
    I haven't even bought the city yet. I should probably go line up my ducks and then head to bed. Still trying to shake off the flu.

6. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I prefer the Starship part, since I only have an engine :p

Faye, how did you shoot up to 7k jobs and #1 place for Chengdu event? :eek:

Fullquiver and jdrawmer, what are your levels now? (If you still rmb the competition).

Trying to figure out how to get to Iqaluit ....

7. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    #10067 Faye Valentine, Dec 16, 2012
    I can send you a Starship Control. (Edit: just sent)

It's easier to shoot up to the top when the prize sucks, the big guns sit out the event, and I found myself with more time to fling planes across the globe while I'm lying in bed sick.

Sea Knights can do NY -> Quebec -> Iqaluit

Kangaroos can do NY -> Montreal -> Iqaluit (SK can't do the Montreal-Iqaluit hop)

Edited to add:
    Just to clarify, Kangaroos can do the NY -> Quebec -> Iqaluit route too.

8. boomerkidd

Jun 25, 2012
    Mapples can do NY->Iqaluit with fully upgraded range.

9. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I wish Mapples weren't a Mac-only thing. I could have a whole fleet of Mapples if they were available for purchase on the iPhone.

10. callme_jc

callme_jc Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    It's taken me a while to save 8,000+ bux, but my philosophy is simple: always pick up bux jobs where they appear, keep as few airports open as possible, and upgrade those class 3 airports I intend to keep for more jobs and layover slots. I'll often lay over and cancel non-bux jobs (hitting the "x") where I need to make space on the plane for bux jobs. If I can't deliver them there and then I lay over bux jobs at the nearest larger airport for picking up later.

Where I lose money on part-bux flights, I make them up with 25% bonus flights where all jobs end up at the same airport. Mohawks are good for delivering three bux jobs to the same airport, as the 25% (monetary) bonus means the flight normally turns a profit on top.

11. boomerkidd

Jun 25, 2012
    Ikr. I only managed to acquire my mapples through trading. Definitely worth the trades though :p

12. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    I made to 19, just under 20 before I fell asleep at 1am....lol

13. Flying Duck

Flying Duck Active Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Liking this one. It's more fun with the class 1 airports.

I'm going in through Europe, using Rejkavik and Nuuk for a bit of variety.

14. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    #10074 CastlePage, Dec 16, 2012
    Hi all, I'm back in PP after a much needed nap :D Now flying my final planes to Dhaka to clear off the chengdu and Dhaka layovers. And opened quebec and how to you spell that name (Iqaluit -- which country does it belong to? :eek: :confused: ), so look for me on the leaderboard.

Jiayou boomerkidd

Faye: Thank you for the starship control :) Sorry to hear that you're still nursing a cold, may you have a good sleep tonight. You ARE a big gun with the most amazing shots. I've opened up quebec iqaluit based on your suggestion. Hmm my kangeroos are sitting in the hangar ... loving the seaknights.

Boomerkidd: I just sent my first mapple flight to iqaluit, after spending 18bux on range upgrade. :)

Jiayou Fullquiver+1. I just sent you a seaknight for participating in the competition. May it help you towards Iqaluit :)

To the greatest Vic: Thank you for the starship ! :D I was so excited to see 400 speed and 4000 range (gasp !!) and was ready to send it to iqaluit when I saw that it was color coded red in rusty snowman's calculator (i.e. class 3 plane). :mad::(

BTW, did anyone use the supergopher won in a couple of global events ago? I noticed that supergopher+10% could make a direct NY-Iqaluit flight. But I'll stick to my seaknights since it can carry 5 jobs at once :)

Edit: I'm seeing a few blanks in the TA1 leaderboard. I think I've tried adding in those on TA1 flight crew. If i haven't, please add me CastlePage. Thanks.

15. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    Oh I'm in a quandary :(

I just realized that to make the quebec -> iqaluit hop, I need
    seaknight+15% (5 seater, speed 130)
    kangeroo (4 seater, speed 125)
    mohawk (3 seater, speed 172)

Shall I spend the bux to upgrade my seaknights? Or use kangeroos? Or use mohawks?

Wishing for mapples (fast and 4 seater and longer range than even mohawks).....

16. Fullquiver13

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    This event is all TA1 now so torpedoes away!

Thanks CastlePage, you are a sweetheart!

I got a couple seaknight parts from no_kitano but need a seaknight controls to finish it, anyone have one to spare or trade?
    I can see the advantage in them.
    Just curious, how many MAC players are there on PP? They seem rare as hen's teeth.
    I can't wait to get to 22 and get another Sequoia, those really come in handy for moving stuff.
    Woooohooo, here we go again, and this time it's close enough that I have a support system in place.

17. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    #10077 thisisina, Dec 16, 2012
    Ooh, you're in luck! That's the only Seaknight part I've got left, sending it off to you. I don't think I'll need more than 5 Seaknights anyway. :D

Edit: Wait, can't find you on my friends list. Sent you a request, at least I think that was your GC. Add me if you didn't get the request.

18. Fullquiver13

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    No_kitano thanks!

I really wasn't expecting the part from you, but really appreciate it. I just figured you sent me the other parts, which I highly appreciated, and they were what you had. No sense in looking a gift horse in the mouth as the expression goes. I think if people really knew how great a group TA1 is, we would have a mass migration from TA. I have had more help and information from the people in TA1 than I ever thought would happen. When, for the short time, I was in TA I believe they barely knew I existed much less talked to me.
    You are all the greatest! Many thanks to you all!

19. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    LOL, now you're going to have an extra seaknight control since I just sent you one too (before reading that thisisina sent you one).

After much deliberation, I've decided to upgrade my seaknight and sent it off :p 45min round trip though :(

Jiayou fullquiver+1. Sequoias are a wonderful thing although I've partially moved on to cyclones. And you're ahead of me on the leaderboard ! :)

20. thisisina

thisisina Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    That was me. ;) And CastlePage. It could very well have been No_kitano too, how many controls did you get? LOL!