Ragdoll Blaster 3: Scores, Tips, and Screenshots

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Phantom X, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Idoctor

Idoctor Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Interesting, eh?

Trying to keep this forum interesting. How about we post some cool shaves? May bring in some new dollers looking for some clues.
    I'll start.

Attached Files:

2. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #1162 Foxtail2010, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    Hmm-- I think there are a few more "most extreme" qualifiers. Maybe these guys will share a few here for the public? Or for the 5-10 of us still reading this thread? Especially since X is in retirement. :D

Edit: iDoc- thanks for starting! Awesome shot!

Edit2: just out of curiosity, I checked and this thread has 121k+ views. Has to be more than us handful looking here. Let's give the lurking dollers something to come back for.

3. Vayduh

Vayduh Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Scotland
    Oh My...

lol - I cant believe this thread is still going.

you guys are hard core

4. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    YAY! You're back, sorta. :) We've been playing Deluxe - the latest version of RB3. Download it and play with us!

5. Frizzler

Frizzler Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    New York
    V

Just stopped by to mock us and then you're on your way? If you're not going to play at least make amusing commentary to keep us going.

6. JimmyJ_NZ

JimmyJ_NZ New Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Knock knock

Hi

I feel like I'm arriving just as the party is winding down... since I only started playing the latest version of the game.

Thanks for the list of lowest doll counts. I came here thinking I'd pretty much bottomed out Candy Mountain - to discover I was 15 dolls over across 10 levels. I've managed to shave it down to 5 now - and sit top of the Game Centre leaderboard (just and probably briefly now I've said it here!)

A couple of questions for the community:
    1. Do costumes make any difference? I presume not... Indeed the top hat seems to touch the target to no effect.
    2. Are others playing on iPhone 5? I wonder if the different screen dimensions make any difference? Or whether it's easier to be accurate on the iPad?

Cheers

JimmyJ_NZ

7. Icemaker

Icemaker Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Hi Jimmy,
    Great to have a kiwi in the mix & Welcome aboard!
    Couple of Q's: are you playing HD or LD version? Also what's your GC handle?
    Actually some of the other costumes do help for certain levels. I personally think the iPad is much easier than an iPhone & HD score are generally higher than the LD. However I'm not as talented as some of folks here.
    Let us know if u have any specific questions on shaves etc. someone will help out for sure.
    WendyKingston

8. BillT

BillT Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Costumes do matter. The actual costume, like the top hat doesn't touch the target. The naked doll beneath does the touching. In many levels the dolls bounce differently in other costumes. I have gotten a few targets with a standard doll, only to discover that with the same aim and a different costume the doll will bounce over and pick up a nearby nickel the first doll didn't.

When I got Shooting Rocks in one in the previous non Deluxe HD version it would only work with the Pirate costume. In Deluxe I can only get it with the top hat costume. I've only been able to get the nickel and the target in Fire Gate with the Fireman costume.

9. Idoctor

Aug 13, 2010
    New Shave!

Patchwork Meadows 34.

Wonder if this will get X out of retirement? At least update page 1, please.

And why isn't that V guy not playing?

10. JimmyJ_NZ

JimmyJ_NZ New Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Hi

I'm playing the deluxe version on the iPhone 5. My GC handle is JimmyJ_NZ. I presume there is one leaderboard across iPhone/iPad versions.

Thanks for the info re Costumes. Time to try out all the dolls on Weigh-up-there!

Jimmy

11. BillT

BillT Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    There's a different Leaderboard for the iPad version.

12. JimmyJ_NZ

JimmyJ_NZ New Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Aah, that explains how I'm top. What's the overall best score on the iPad leaderboard, which is equivalent to Candy Mountain since this has the highest total scores?

261,761 is enough for the overall lead in iPhone leaderboard.

JimmyJ

13. BillT

BillT Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    Actually the highest in the iPad is Patchwork Plains at 271,000 or so.

14. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Candy iPad is 268.4k

Congrats to idoc for new Meadows shave! Crank it Up in 5?

15. Frizzler

Aug 21, 2009
    New York
    Doll shit

Meadows shave has to be hopper in 2

Welcome Jimmy, I'm gonna have to come over to ld cause idoc won't let me be in 1st place anywhere, except maybe candy but I can't get that eFFin nickel on weigh up. So watch out!

16. Idoctor

Aug 13, 2010
    Yup. It is hopper in 2. I don't even want to think about Crank it Up in 5, but if X is suggesting it, I'm sure there is a way...

About that nickel on Weigh Up. I think I have a theory which may shed some light on the matter, Frizz. I tried to get the nickel on the ipad 1, and couldn't with our same aim from beta RB3. Then I moved to the ipad4 and got it within 30 shots. I tried with another doll on the ipad 4 and got it again within 30 shots. I went back to the ipad 1 and tried ad nauseum with all the doll outfits and couldn't get it. I just kept getting the nickel without the target. So just a guess, but are you using an ipad 1 for RB3 deluxe, Frizz? If so, the nickel may not be possible. And what were you using when you got the nickel on Weigh Up, X? I'm guessing not an ipad 1. And how the heck did you break your ipad. Too much dollin?

17. Phantom X

Phantom X Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    iPad 3 worked for my nickel. I'm only playing a little Aerial with the new 4.

18. Frizzler

Aug 21, 2009
    New York
    Weigh up

I'm playing on an iPad 2. I have gotten the nickel and the target in one shot, it just wasn't the first shot. I have some other modest improvements to go which will put me above you guyses current score but it sure would be nice to make those improvements from a cushy 300 pt lead.

19. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    You may be right but it took me more than a week to get Weigh Up in beta on the iPad3*. And this go around (DX) with same iPad3 took maybe 30 shots. Sometimes I think it's luck or lack of.
    *or I may be a sub-par dolla. Lol

20. Frizzler

Aug 21, 2009
    New York
    Yep it's an 8

image.jpg