Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Feature Preview for Crystals:

Since releasing the Rogue, we've decided to make it our goal to release new content at a much faster pace. We had huge plans for 1.6 and 1.7, and we're still going to bring you everything we have planned. The difference now is when new systems are done, we're going to release them as soon as possible.

The first new system coming soon, which will fully replace Enchanting in Dungeon Quest, is the Crystal System!

[​IMG]

Crystals are one of the new item types in 1.6 that will drop in the world starting at floor 1. There will be 20 Crystals (which are stackable) in total, and each Crystal will have a unique ability to augment Items in new and powerful ways.

Ever want to create a Wizard's version of Fate's Travesty? Now you can! Ever want to make your own Blood Magic item? Crystals will be perfect for you.

[​IMG]

You start by looting the Crystals in the world, selecting the Crystal in your inventory, and pressing Apply! Once in Apply mode, you'll simply select the item you want to augment with the Crystal.

[​IMG]

Most of the time it will cost 1 crystal per augment, but occasionally it will cost more to apply Crystals on rarer items. For some Crystals, like Larimar ( Add Affix ) and Calcite ( Change Elements ), the process is done immediately.

[​IMG]

For others, like Fluorite ( Reroll Stat ) and Sapphire ( Change Affix ), you can actually select the affix you want to change.

[​IMG]

For the rarest of Crystals, like Topaz ( Add Epic Affix ), Ruby ( Add Legend Affix ), or even Amethyst ( Add Set Affix ), you get to choose from a pool of possible results which should reduce the randomness some in addition to making these rare Crystal feel rewarding.

[​IMG]

You're also able to convert up any lower rarity Crystal to the next higher rarity Crystal for 3 of the lower Crystal, and some gold.

Hope you enjoyed this look at Crystals! Next system we'll cover is the other new item that will be dropping in dungeons soon, Mythstones!

Oh and here's the full list of Crystals:

[​IMG]

2. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Patch 1.5.1 Now live on iOS

This patch doesn't include any new features, it is a bug fix patch from 1.5.0 release.

Quick run down of changes:

Fixed issues with the following skills:
    Assault
    MultiShot
    Lance Charge
    SmokeBomb
    Fletcher
    DoubleShot-charge time reduced

Adjusted the MP cost on the following skills:
    Blink Strike
    Scatter Shot
    Meteor
    Storm
    Twister

- Fix for generating bad (adding 0 to an item) affixes on Legend Items and Pets

- Chakram: Several changes made to the attack speed of the weapon

- Added Affix coloring to change Set affixes and Legend affixes only found on Legend gear.

- Fixed Cooldown on Azure Blade

- Drastically improved the speed of "Sell All" in the inventory screen.

Email [email protected] for any issues you may have!

3. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Ahh... Ok, thanks for this, I came here and was about to ask the same question. So, when you pickup loot, there is a chance it can have a talent attached to it? Also, if I enchant something, is there a chance it will add a talent to the equipment?

4. Shiny Box LLC

Yeah! Enchanting is currently the only way you can add skills/talents/affixes to weapons in your inventory. The Crystals and Mythstones update will change that. Thanks for playing!!

5. Elitebrid

Elitebrid Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Hey guys,I need a little piece of advice on my gear,build and pretty much everything xD
    Im a level 42 wizard
    stats are:
    100 power
    30 mana
    5 health
    Sitting at floor 57 atm and having a lot of trouble running monster power levels 5 and above,hell I get one shot by the bosses at monster level 1 and 2
    my gear comprises of:

Epic gauntlet
    3929 dps
    mp:627
    +27.2% crit damage
    +8.4% fire damage
    +124 hp regen
    +247 mp
    +0.7 mp leech
    +3 diffusion
    ilvl 53

Epic orb:
    1956 dps
    mp:460
    +8% arcane dmg
    +632 armour
    +225 hp regen
    +467 hp
    +5.9% reduced cd
    +2 teleport
    ilvl 42

Epic robe:
    126 ar
    barrier8
    +0.7% hp leech
    +0.6% mp leech
    +6.0% arcane dmg
    +18.1 crit damage
    +7.2% gold find
    +2 volatile

Rare hat
    144 ar
    wizardary 9
    24 resist poison
    +3.8% crit chance
    +3 prowess
    +7.2% poison damage
    +15.8% luck
    +1 twister
    ilvl 48

Rare ring
    162 ar
    astral 10
    +17.2% gold find
    +111 mp regen
    +1 orb
    +0.7 mp leech
    ilvl 52

Pestilence
    141 ar
    fester 9
    23.5 poison resist
    (1) Plagued
    +5.1% toxic
    +6.1% storm proc
    +5.6% dodge
    +8.8% attack speed
    +273 poison damage
    ilvl 47

Pet:
    Rare imp
    hoard
    18 lighting resist
    +3.4%dodge
    +19.9% crit damage
    +1 bewilder
    +43 shock resist
    +663 hp
    ilvl 36

This is what I'm using and I get my ass cleaned on the floor
    got around 150k in gold stashed up with me

Can someone tell me any changes I can make to unleash the wizards potential :D

6. Elitebrid

Elitebrid Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I also have a slight issue,everytime I start the game I have to wait a good 2-3 minutes for it to upload assets,while for my friends who play the game have that only for the first time the game is played on the phone,is there a way to fix this?
    Ps:sorry for the double post

7. cbbflfjz

cbbflfjz Member

Jan 6, 2014
    eta for the crystal update?

8. Soon, just waiting on Apple Review.

9. Shiny Box LLC

Patch 1.6.0 now live on iOS!

Here is a quick breakdown of the update:

Major New Features
    (check out http://shinyboxgames.com/blog/ for full details)

•Crystals - All new enchanting system! Apply powerful Crystals to your items to unlock their full potential!
    •Mythstones - Rare socketable stones that fit into Empty Sockets now found on items and gear
    •Random Item Vendor - A new feature in shop that sells a random assortment of Crystals, Mythstones, and even Legendary items. Refreshes after every dungeon completion. Spend your gold to take a chance on getting a powerful piece of equipment.

Minor Features
    •Sync system - Now the DQ Account system will ensure that the back up system has the most up to date version of your Save Data.
    •New item Rarity - Crystal
    Legend items have a small chance of being a "Crystal" version. with a Crystal Affix instead of any of its Epic Affixes ( up to one time per item )

**Added Powerful New Affixes**
    Explode
    Frozen Fury
    Molten Fury
    Clearcast
    Bomb Proc
    Stealth Proc
    Mirror Image Proc
    Taunt Proc
    GroundStomp Proc
    Sprint Proc

•Added effect for Coat Weapon skill
    •Added new Legend Set "Frozen"
    •Can now use crystals for Add Affix and Reroll Stats on Maps

*Design Changes*
    • Charged Arrow changed to GuidedShot - Shoots a arrorw that seeks and pierces the closest enemies
    • Procs changed to "chance to cast skill per second". Now both slow and fast weapons have similar proc rates. The formula for this is (Proc Chance / attacks per second )
    and any skill with a cooldown assumes attacks per second is 1 for this formula.
    •Deadly Strike changed to "Chance to do double Critical DMG on Critical Strike"
    •Merged MP Absorb affix and Permafrost's MP Absorb into one stat
    •Fletcher changed to - Attack speed while using a bow is increased by (rank)%, at 0.5 Attack Speed per Rank
    •Skulldras now inherit Wizard health, Skulldraga inherit 1.5x Wizard health
    •+Skull affix changed to Legend affix "Explosive" - Attacks have a 5% chance to cause an explosion for [40-400]% MH DMG
    •Fustigate changed to Stun instead of Knockback

Addressed Bugs in this release
    •Fixed issue with Deadly Arts set not giving Cooldown reduction
    •Fixed an issue with the SteelSeries Controller for iOS.

Please contact us with any issues you may have:
    Email: [email protected]
    Twitter: @DungeonQuest_SB
    Player Forums: http://shinyboxgames.com/blog/

10. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    #990 Egokiller, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    After the update to v1.6 my game freezes at the shinybox logo. I have rebooted and reinstalled already, but it was unable to fix the problem.

On iphone 5 running ios 7.1.2

11. cbbflfjz

cbbflfjz Member

Jan 6, 2014
    yep same here

12. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    #992 ruggedland, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    No issue running the update myself. But not sold on the crystal upgrade system. My big problem is what to do with my collection of legend items with none of them having any slot. It basically means I can longer upgrade them by re-rolling their stats. That's kind of a shame since the fun for me is to try different item combo and tweak each item's stats to get uptimum builds.

13. Shiny Box LLC

We know about this issue and are currently working with Apple to resolve the problem. It effects devices that are NOT running iOS 8.x. Trying to get them to push our new patch out as quickly as possible! Sorry about this issue!

14. Shiny Box LLC

There are crystals that also add sockets to items themselves. We have a detailed list of what each crystal is and what it does on our site as well.

We tried to give players as many options as possible when it came to enhancing their gear. We felt the crystals would enable players to do it for free (since they don't cost gold to apply) and would remove some of the randomness of our old enchanting system that many players felt was unfair.

Thank you for the feedback though, it helps us continue to work to make our game as great as possible!

15. Shiny Box LLC

New Patch 1.6.1 on APP Store

Thanks to some wicked fast reaction time on Apple's end, the update that fixes our nasty freeze on iOS 7.xx and below devices has been released to the App store.

Sorry about this issue in the first place and a HUGE HUGE thank you to team at Apple for the quick response.

16. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Big new update out!
    :D

Hero system, Game Center, more gear, refinements...

Hopefully the developers will visit soon to talk us through all the changes.

17. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Still one of my favorite game on ios!!! Lovin the update!!

Not sure whether this is a bug or not, but why can't I download my save from the server? I can upload my save, but when I want to download, the download button is grayed out.. Am I missing something?

18. Shiny Box LLC

Hi there! We did make some changes to the Upload system in order to reduce the overall bandwidth uploading and downloading was causing on our servers.

The way it works now:
    1) You upload to the server and that becomes the "newest" available data.
    2) The only time you can download is if the server has "newer" data than your device does.

If you are playing on multiple devices this makes it MUCH easier to NOT overwrite your data and allows us to help users that run into data issues (lost save files etc).

If for some reason you want to get the data from the server on your device and your device has the "newest" data you would need to delete the save data and just download again.

Hope this clears it up!

19. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Yeah, that makes sense... I almost lost my 9m crit wiz after altering with mythstones... After the delete and installing the app, i get my beloved wiz again!!!! Love it!!