Universal Galactic Conflict RTS (by Bitmen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    any news when the update will come?

2. Sevren

Sevren Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Attorney
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Finally getting off the fence and adding this to my library - see y'all in multiplayer!

3. MarkFromBitmenStudios

MarkFromBitmenStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2011
    IT Architecture, Development Project Manager
    Austria, Europe
    Update should be coming as soon as Apple greenlights it. Unfortunately, they don't give a timeline but it usually takes a week or two depending on how many apps they have to review. It's already with Apple since last weekend so I hope it will be approved soon.
    There are two posts on the previous page from oooooomonkey and Sheinfell on how to beat it.
    Good idea! In addition, I was thinking to set up something like TA game nights where we can all meet and play on a regular base. For that, ideally we'd have to find a day & time for the different timezones (APAC, EMEA and NAM/LAM).

That having said, it would be great if we can agree on a weekday and time for each area (america, africa/europe, asia/pacific), like Sunday 8pm or whatever. Please everybody post your preferences on a weekly TA game night along with your timezone!

In addition, I'm looking into some community features within the app like a lobby where we can all hang out during game nights, chat and hook up for multiplayer games. That would foster a stronger community.
    Thanks, I'm happy all this effort is recognized as the AI implementation was quite difficult to get right. :) I read tons of publications ranging from AI Game Programming Wisdom publications to AI Game Programming Gems to learn what the industry experts have to say about it so I could come up with a best of breed implementation taylored for my game.

To everybody who's hesitant in participating in multiplayer, think of it that way: the guy who posted above you most likely is a nice person. Why not meet him and have a friendly game with him? In addition, once you have finished the campaign, you can play skirmish (thanks to the smart AI it doesn't get boring quickly) but eventually, the other players can offer an endless series of ever changing experiences to you.

There are so many different viable strategies and every player will play the game differently. The longevity is (almost) infinite. You can also chat with them, find new friends or simply learn new strategies. The game may be simple to pick up and play around with, but there's a lot more to be discovered in terms of strategic depth once you get into multiplayer.

Sometimes people are afraid of playing online but there's really nothing to lose, the game only records wins (no losses), you don't lose ranked points by losing, and nobody judges you by your skill; it should be all about fun. We just need to get organized about the times we want to meet up.

4. Sevren

Sevren Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Attorney
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I vote for Sunday night.

Game Center name is Jusvah and I'm in the U.S.

5. MarkFromBitmenStudios

Apr 4, 2011
    Austria, Europe
    1.1 is Here

1.1 has just been approved by Apple and is now on the App Store. It contains the following changes:

• Bug fixes in campaign w.r.t. jump gates (Call for Help, Assist New Hope).
    • Wet your Hands mission is now easier.
    • Easy campaign is now easier.
    • Bigger font sizes on iPhone.
    • Multiplayer glitch fixed.

6. Sevren

Sevren Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Attorney
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Thanks for the update!!

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Nice. Couldn't get into it previously because of the small text. I have been looking forward to this update.

8. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    CET timezone here.
    Due to a wacky schedule I won't state any preferences. Most days I should make it for a quick match ~20:30h CET.

9. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Did the iPhone 4S get an update, or just 5? I'm not seeing any larger fonts on my 4S.... Or any differences at all.

10. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    How many missions are there in total?

11. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    12 Terran missions.
    Nothing for the Pyros yet :(

12. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Will there be an update with more missions?

13. LunaKnight2

LunaKnight2 Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Expensive for a not sure game

Maybe if they lower the price a bit I'd buy it

14. MarkFromBitmenStudios

Apr 4, 2011
    Austria, Europe
    #114 MarkFromBitmenStudios, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    1.2 is now live bringing various bug fixes (notably Call for Help on the iPhone), a Chat Lobby and Game Night notifications. My focus here was on getting more multiplayer going.

Game Nights are currently set to Sunday evenings (in 3 different time zones). If notifications are enabled, then then you'll get a notification when Game Night starts. I hope we can get people to join these, should be a lot of fun.

Have fun!

15. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Thanks again, Mark....Sunday nights will be great. looking forward to it!

16. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    So whats up with this game? It looks pretty nice and Im thinking about buying it. Are there any plans for future updates? Is there active MP?