Universal Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein, coming Spring 2014

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BradTSS, Feb 13, 2014.

1. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    We are currently working on the next sequel to Battle of the Bulge and Drive on Moscow called Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein.

This time we are taking our award-winning game system to WW2 North Africa. Join Rommel and Montgomery in their back and forth struggle in the Egyptian desert. This conflict is often marked as a turning point in the war. As Winston Churchill once said, “Before Alamein we never had a victory. After Alamein we never had a defeat.” Can you outwit the Desert Fox as the Commonwealth or will you change history as the Axis?

You can learn more on our website.

Here are some of the first screens of the game:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let us know what you think!

2. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    I would like to tell you what I think: When can I throw my money at you? Please give me a release date! This looks brilliant!

3. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    So now we are at North Africa
    Really excited for new units and hopfuly the AI will better now

4. Singer

Singer Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
  5. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Ah, Singer beat me to it.

As they said:

Our next turn-based strategy game, Desert Fox: the Battle of El Alamein will be available on the app store on June 26th, 2014 for $9.99.

While featuring the same great polish and historical turn-based strategy gameplay you’ve come to expect from Battle of the Bulge and Drive on Moscow, this game brings a whole new experience to the table.

First, we’ve made the game more accessible to new players. Are you interested in strategy games but intimidated by steep learning curves? In Desert Fox we provide several tutorial scenarios that help you learn rules and strategy by playing. We’ve also improved the UI, adding new banners to each phase, clarifying what to do at any point.

Second, in this installment, you battle across a grand campaign, making key decisions and controlling the final engagement. Use minefields, ridges, and depressions to shape the battle lines. Going beyond previous games in the series, the campaign mode offers a new level of control and customization. As commander, you must decide when to attack or defend, when to hold for supplies and upgrades or push forward, and more, resulting in a unique play experience each game. This is not just Battle of the Bulge in desert camo.

Check out more details on features on our website.

We’re excited to get this game in your hands next week.

- Brad

6. zeratulo

zeratulo Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Is this only going to have one map like the other two games?

7. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I been waiting ages to get this game

8. BradTSS

BradTSS Active Member

Jul 2, 2013
    We focus on making digital war games, which traditionally have many scenarios fought on a single map.

The cool part about Desert Fox is we've really expanded the formula. In campaign mode you can place mines to shape the battlefield and really control the flow. Every game of campaign is different.

- Brad