Rolando1 for 2.99 ? or Rolando2 for $9.99 ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ultimo, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #1 ultimo, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    I was Waiting for Rolando to go on a sale for quite some time now.... Now that it has, I am in a Jeopardy....
    Could you Rolando Lovers list the differences which can help me decide.

PS : I do understand a few myself
    ~> 2.5D gfx in R2, not in R1.
    ~> Enemies can be Squashd o killed in R2, not in R1.
    ~> Plus+ is in both(Soon) however does not interest me.

What I am trying to understand is....
    ~> Which one of them is more Random
    ~> has more levels

I love the humor, gfx, sounds so far in R1 lite, have not finished it yet, will that help me decide ?

EDIT : Sorry.... just finishd my home work...

R1 has 36 levels & R2 has 45.... are they equally long & enjoyable in both ?

EDIT:
    Thanks ngmoco :)
    Rolando1 for 2.99 ? or Rolando2 for $5.99 ?

2. samoreg

samoreg Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    IMO Rolando 2 is more fun. Has the fun characters like the chili eating one that floats and I like that you can kill them by arrows and such. I also like how you can ride in carts. Rolando 1 is more challenging though, for sure. R1 took me much longer to finish and there are still secret levels I haven't finished (of course I'm super slow at finishing games in general).

Maybe start off with Rolando 1 because it's super cheap right now and see if Rolandos are your thing and then spend the "big" bucks. :p

3. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    At the current price gap I would suggest R1

4. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Rolando 1. Then, if you like it, buy Rolando 2.

5. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yeh R1 for $2.99 is insane value for money. The game is quite hard though. I must say I find selecting and unselecting rolandos easier in 1 despite the more interesting gameplay mechanics in 2. They're both excellent but I'd definitely go R1 first at this price and then R2 when it comes down (which it will!)

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Thank you all for your responses....
    More PpL interested to share their Opinions ?
    I believe that Rolandos are the Mario Bros for this platform, actually are much better, wanted to know which one is more fun & Random ? R1 for 2.99 ? or R2 for $9.99 ?

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    R1 was an insta-buy for me when it dropped. (Which I really expected to happen to promote R2, but hey - better late than never!)

8. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    is rolando lite still in the app store? if so, try it out :)

9. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Thats a very good suggestion... :)
    But as R2 lite is not available, I will not be able to tell the difference, right ?

Also....

10. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    nah.. try it out

11. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I still haven't finished R1 so I'm waiting for a price drop on R2. I'm driving to san diego after work though so I'll have plenty of time to put in on it. (and Modern Combat, and Enigmo 2, and Krazy Kart... when it rains it pours I guess)

12. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Well with the cheap price you should definitely get R1. It is an amazing game, with lovely graphics, controls, level design and an insane amount of polish and general coolness. On top of that update 1.8 will drop any day now, which adds the final secret levels and plus+ integration (meaning online achievements, highscores and push challenges). It will last you probably 5 or so hours on a play-through, but the with plus+, there is a real incentive to go back and collect all the medals unlocked for completing various tasks on the levels.

Saying that though, ngmoco and hand circus have improved just about every aspect of R2 - the graphics are lovely, the characters are so cool, the level designs are amazing, the music is top notch and the new mechanics like carts, bomb finger and such are great fun. The only thing I'd like to be more like R1 is the 1 touch death (maybe they could add this as a hard mode worth extra plus+ points). The level of polish and general fun/coolness is astonishing, from the tilting ship menu to Mr Scruff's music shack (basically a level where you can play as him and play his music) or even the credits (another level). It is certainly a better, more enjoyable game and in my opinion totally worth the price. I mean i've had at least 10 hours play from it so far, and still have about 20 levels left to collect some medals for. Also ngmoco has confirmed in their ngmoshows that R2 will be updated with both free and paid content. I doubt that R1 will see any content updates after 1.8.

13. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #13 ultimo, Sep 11, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    Mods, Please change the title to <Rolando1 for 2.99 ? or Rolando2 for $5.99 ?>
    PS : Was just 1 level away from finishing the R1 lite, & had no clue till I did :eek:

14. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Am still finishing R1 - glad I waited until I did to get R2. Maybe by the time I do it will be even cheaper ha ha! I needed my 8 year old nephew to get me past a level! He told me I was "really bad."

15. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    If I were u I would buy R1 first then R2. R1 has 36 levels (and another 20 secret levels on top of that). I haven't gotten two yet but I loved one. For three dollars you can't go wrong. I think it is one of the best platformers on the iPhone.

16. Froggyboby

Froggyboby Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Missouri
    I have both and for the price I would say r1 as it has a lot more levels then r2