Angry Bird Rio & Angry Birds Rio HD ARE NOW FREE!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by DelBoy2181, Jan 17, 2013.

1. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Posted from my iPhone. No links as I'm late for work!

2. Angry Birds Rio HD

Rovio Entertainment Oyj
    FREE FULL GAME – DOWNLOAD NOW! What happens when everyone's favorite fierce fowl get caged and shipped to Rio? They get…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    FREE FULL GAME – DOWNLOAD NOW! What happens when everyone's favorite fierce fowl get caged and shipped to Rio? They get very angry! OFF TO RIO! The original Angry Birds have been kidnapped and taken to the magical city of Rio de Janeiro! They’ve managed to escape, but now they must save their friends Blu and Jewel – two rare macaws and the stars of the hit movies, Rio and Rio 2. THE MIGHTY EAGLE! The Mighty Eagle is a one-time in-app purchase that you can use forever. If you get stuck on a level, this cool creature will dive from the skies to smash those meddling monkeys into oblivion. There’s just one catch: you can only use the Mighty Eagle once per hour! Mighty Eagle also includes all new gameplay goals and achievements. POWER-UPS! Boosting your birds’ abilities helps you complete levels with three stars so you can unlock extra content! Power-ups include the Sling Scope for laser targeting, Power Potion to supersize your birds, Samba Burst for dancing destruction, TNT for a little explosive help and Call the Flock for a blizzard of Macaw mayhem! 400 FUN LEVELS! Plus 72 action-packed bonus levels across 12 episodes! SPECTACULAR BOSS FIGHTS! Put your bird flinging skills to the ultimate test! CALL THE FLOCK! Get some demolition help from your Macaw buddies! POWER POTION! Juice up your bird! Power Potion transforms any bird into a devastating giant! UNLOCK BONUS LEVELS! Find objects hidden throughout the game to unlock even more levels! ----- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.angrybirds.com Become a fan of Angry Birds on Facebook! http://facebook.angrybirds.com Terms of service: https://www.rovio.com/terms-of-service Privacy policy: https://www.rovio.com/privacy This application may require internet connectivity and subsequent data transfer charges may apply. Important Message for Parents This game may include: - Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13. - Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse any web page. - Advertising of Rovio products and also products from select partners. - The option to make in-app purchases. The bill payer should always be consulted beforehand.
    Information
    Seller:Rovio Entertainment Oyj
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle
    Release:Mar 22, 2011
    Updated:Feb 19, 2019
    Version:2.6.13
    Size:211.6 MB
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

-------

Iphone version

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-birds-rio/id420635506?mt=8

3. Highly recommended!

I'll just leave it at that.

4. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Thanks.

5. Is anyone hearing "Apple App Of The Week?"

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    That's what I'm thinking to

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Grabbed the HD version for my iPad. Playing AB on the bigger screen is a very different experience when compared to the iPhone.

8. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    It has that in the store text where I am *** App Store FREE App of the Week *** so I'd say yes

9. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    Looks like Koozac is still featured as app of the week... Strange?

10. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Yep it is, don't think it will change until Monday either. Not sure why it's so early.

11. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Downloaded it to see what all the fuss was about.

Played it, deleted it..

12. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    Omgz0rz. Blasph3my!

Yeah I deleted all the stupid versions too. But Star Wars AB is in a class of its own. Its a must have :)

13. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
  14. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    If it is..check back sometime midday (US Pacific time) when the AppStore featured section updates.

15. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Overrated and TONS of "In App Purchases" for real money and fullscreen ads. There are better slingshot games in the store. And Angry Birds/Rovio was not the inventor of this genre, Crush the Castle was first (on iOS).

The only thing being spectacular seems to be the fact that it's the first time that a "full version" of this series is going… well, "free".

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Right on... my HD Angry Birds collection is now complete. My wife'll be so happy! =oD

17. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'm going to have to load up iTunes on my netbook when I get home and lock in a license on the HD version.

18. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Somehow I have Seasons, and I know I didn't pay for it.

19. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah, it went free last year. I could go look up when it was but you're right, I remember it too... it went free last year for a few days.

I'm kind of surprised that Rovio feels the need to even make one of these games free.

20. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

You're right, I've overseen that. So nothing spectacular this time.