Universal Zombie Crisp is out on the appstore

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by luniac, Nov 13, 2015.

1. luniac

luniac Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    To be all good.
    brooklyn
  2. luniac

luniac Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    To be all good.
    brooklyn
    hey guys what's a good way to promote my game?

Should i contact some review sites or is it better to just put up some ads on facebook or something.

I'm thinking nobody really reads app review sites for games, people promote games by word of mouth.

But putting up some ads would be cheap.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Word of mouth and contacting review sites. Also listening to feedback is key.

I'm downloading it now. I will report back with a review in a few hours. I love the premise of the game and I like too down and of course killing zombies so the game already has a lot going for it hehe!

Billy

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Played a game.

Ok a few things right off the top.

1 the game needs a joystick. Having you move my finger and hand all around the screen makes my hand go in the way. It's not good.

2 you are going to offend a whole slew of people saying their first rank is "Full Retard"

You need to remove that immediately. I can't stress this enough.

3 you have no mechanism to remove the ads. Please put in a way to pay to remove the ads

Billy

I really wouldn't promote the game To gaming sites until you remove the offensive stuff. They will shred you apart.

5. luniac

luniac Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    To be all good.
    brooklyn
    #5 luniac, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    lmao... noted, im curious how they're gonna tear me apart hahaaa

the joystick issue is tough because putting a joystick would take some sceen space and since zombie come from all direction what if they come from the area of the screen where there's the joystick, it would be really weird to aim at zombies like that.

The strategy i use is to tap on the outside of the screen so i can clearly see the turret in the center. I've made it to level 70 like that.

But i totally get what you mean, ive had other people tell me the fingers blocking the screen issue, it's just something that i couldn't foresee when i started.

Trust me bro lol, it took me 2 YEARS to make this game, i've considered the joystick approach :D

Regarding the ads im still thinking about that, maybe ill implement 1 single microtransaction that removes ads for .99 cents. But probably only if the game went viral or something, cause id have to learn all about implementing that stuff and i HATE microtransactions :)

awww if u didn't get past full retard you didn't see any of the powerups :(

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I think 'full retard' is funny as hell and I don't mind it at all! However, I know I'm in the minority here, as most folks have gone politically correct and take offense to the littlest thing these days. Weirded times, these are...... Insecurities abound......

7. luniac

luniac Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    To be all good.
    brooklyn
    I actually got 'full retard" from the movie Tropic Thunder where robert downey jr playing an australian pretending to be a black guy says "Never go full retard!"

HAHAAAA

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    C'mon man, you never go full retard, just ask Sean Penn, I Am Sam. Ssssssssssss

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Firewhip ftw

10. luniac

luniac Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    To be all good.
    brooklyn
    Lmaoooooo!!!!

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Ha-Ha! I remember that! LMAO!!!!:D
    Hey, if there's problems, screw it, leave it as it is, and put it out for Android! I'll buy it!

12. luniac

luniac Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    To be all good.
    brooklyn