Making dungeon/rpg styled game, looking for some input!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tosty, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Tosty

Tosty Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Hey guys,

I’m thinking about making a “Bit Dungeon” styled rpg/dungeon game. Instead of where the character explores a map, he clears “tiles” of different maps from the enemies in order to get to the final boss for each level.

I’m trying to make a list of of important features to add to the game, would like some of your guys’ input.

Also, do you guys really like story-lines to be accompanied for such type games. OR do you not care and just like to go out there and destroy some monsters?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For that kind of dungeon crawling, i think just giving your character a reason to delve deep into the dungeon can be enough as a story. Better yet, like some roguelikes, at the start of each run, is a different backstory. Of course you also have the option of making a deeper story full of plot twists along the way.

3. Tosty

Tosty Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Thats great, I will come up with some features I can add and maybe discuss them here to see which ones are most popular.