How to find investor for your games?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by nad0102, Jun 18, 2017.

1. nad0102

nad0102 New Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Let say you develop a few good games and data on Analytics show that the retention is good, new users are coming relatively with UA cost, good reviews and feedbacks, income from ads are also good.

Where to approach seeding/series A investor for scaling the business?

Thanks

2. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    I always think that if your game are really good, investors will come to you and not the other way around.
    Alternatively, you can look for government funds, though you may need to "know some people".

3. curiousaaron

curiousaaron Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Art Department Head
    Nampa, ID
    You are your best investor.

Based on my experience, I would recommend against investors if you can help it.

Investors almost invariably end up wanting to control the project in some way, so, unless the investor is also a creative genius, steer away (and if they are, why do they need you?)

While having an investor can help light a fire under you to get the project done, it can also cause you to make compromises or, if you don't, find yourself in a spot where you need more money, giving up more ownership.

My advice is, find somebody to work alongside to help keep you motivated and focused, and invest your time instead of someone else's money. Then all of the success (or failure) will belong to you. Failure comes with valuable lessons (voice of experience), so don't undervalue that either.

4. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
    Maybe it's a good idea to start working with a publisher first?

Because seeking out for investors requires a lot more time and some knowledge of financial and legal procedures. You should also know how to compile and present a business plan for your potential investors.

5. wingydingy

wingydingy Member

Mar 14, 2017
    Appodeal (Intelligent Ad Mediation): www.appodeal.
    San Francisco
    I agree that it might be better to start working with a publisher first, mostly because publishers are more experts in the mobile gaming industry and can do much more than just provide funding (UA, game development, etc).

We've also recently published a blog post on this topic. I hope you'll find it useful!