Battles And Castles - introducing turn based strategy game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Evil Indie Games, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Evil Indie Games

Evil Indie Games Well-Known Member

It's been a long time since we released last game.
    We were busy with something we always loved to do - fully featured turn based strategy game.
    Heroes of Might and Magic and Civilization are my favourite turn based series so we are influenced by them.

I would like to share with you some pictures presenting current status of the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope some of you are fans of strategy games as well and you would like it :)

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Great!! Always a fan of TBS. looks good so far and hope you guys achieve what you've set out to do. Will be following. Question everyone will want to ask is for a ball park release date? We understand if it's too early to tell us that. Good luck!

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    That looks like a good start. Add more to the landscape like hills like in GLWG and it'll look better.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Wow... I can't wait for this one. Looks amazing. The 3D castles/buildings give it a nice physical feel. Although the unit design looks a little plain vanilla (I'm hooing for some more fantastic units... orcs, necromancers, dragons, etc). I have enjoyed Cars & Guns 3D and I Love Zombies by this developers so this looks like a no brainer.

5. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Same idea here, as Undeadcow, big fan of tbs and the terrain and castles look phenomenally interesting/exciting for this type of game. 2 thumbs up from me.

I'm going to use a cliched expression to describe my reaction to the units; a little underwhelmed by comparison to the above. For me the painted faces either could be hilarious - or they could be too inexpressionless/lacking character/anima. Just my particular reaction: They might work brilliantly for others who like that style/look, perhaps they remind me a little of lego men in a way. Aiming to be constructive.

Cool title and impressive screenshots overall. :cool:

6. Evil Indie Games

Battles And Castles is awaiting review :)

Hi folks,

It's been a long time, but finally the game is ready :).
    We hope you will enjoy it a lot.

Game supports iPod Touch (starting from gen 2), iPhone and iPad. Now it is uploaded to Apple and awaiting review, hope there will not be any issues.

Here are some screenshots we prepared.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like it, comments are welcome.

7. devensega

devensega Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Er, wow. Did not know about this. I'm in as soon as its released.

8. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #8 Marcus70, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    I really like the 3D graphics and scope of the game, as it looks like you can great large armies and castles. At first I though this game would be a great RTS game, but I'll gladly take a good TBS game as well.

I'm not sure if I like the tilt to rotate function, could that be changed to a virtual button, in the options? Also are there any plans for adding a offline skirmish mode besides the campaign?

While we are waiting, I don't suppose you have some gameplay videos to post?

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Sweet. Just saw this post, game looks cool. What price will it be launching at?

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Looking forward to this release. When is it launching?!?

11. Evil Indie Games

@Marcus70

In fact game has 3 different modes at present:
    1. campaign (in fact 2 different campaigns: playing Castle Clan or Battle Clan)
    2. skirmish (few different difficulty levels)
    3. multiplayer (two player game on one device, 4 different size maps - real fun :) )

Whole storyline takes place in such Kingdom, where two clans fight against each other:

[​IMG]

Regarding gameplay video, we will post it tomorrow or on Tuesday, so stay tuned.

@oooooomonkey

Game will be launched at $2.99 price. Hope it's not to much, since it has really many many hours of gameplay. We, as usual, don't like IAPs with model "pay to play", so it will be fully functional game which don't force to purchase additional content. There will be some IAPs for those lazy players who want to recruit most advanced units in first mission.

@undedcow

The game will be launched within 7 days if everything goes fine (Saturday or next Monday I hope).

Just watch out for this minimalistic icon:

[​IMG]

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Instabuy here, hope you guys keep cranking out quality games.

13. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    Will the gameplay video be posted soon? :)

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #14 drelbs, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    Wow. Instabuy! :D

And that map? Red vs Blue much? ;)

[​IMG]

15. Evil Indie Games

#15 Evil Indie Games, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
    We sent game to Apple and waiting for approval :)

We are working on video trailers for Battles and Castles now.
    Here's first version of it:

16. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks for the video! Really shows quite epic battles. Looking forward to this.:)

17. Evil Indie Games

Battles And Castles in review

Guys,

Battles And Castles is being reviewed now, so should be released in few hours.
    We prepared iPad gameplay video showing building buildings and recruiting units.
    Take a look:

18. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Congrats on the review status, there haven't been many worthy games lately so hoping this breaks the slump.