Help Please

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by samy4548, May 20, 2011.

1. samy4548

samy4548 Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Hi Guys..Need some suggestions from you....

One of my Game is in (Top 10 free games).
    what should i do now should i change it to paid (or) let it be free....

Please suggest.
    Thanks

2. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Always have a plan before you launch. If you're not making anything (through ads, IAP or paid) you didn't think things through beforehand, now you're just giving it away!

3. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

Make an update, add ads, IAPs, if you are going to ask money for it, i think your downloads will hit the ground really hard!

4. #4 BlueSpiral, May 21, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
    iAds

Just out of interest, how easy is it to put the ad stuff into a game. Is it fairly straight forward or is their anything tricky people need to be aware of?

5. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    wowww.. if it is in Top Ten, my advice is hands-off until it falls out. Anything you do now (like setting it to paid) will only result in a quick trip back down past the top 200, unless you are getting some crazy press or something.

I don't know anything about your app, so it is hard to generalize beyond that. Maybe submit an update with a link to "more games" on the front page (and from there have something that could monetize), and of course some reasonable IAP would help if it isn't too rough to integrate. If you are that high up, you want it to stay there as long as possible and getting your name/brand simply seen by as many people as possible.

Remember, this app is ultimately a link to your "store" that so many people are now potentially connecting to. Use this as a method to find other ways into their wallet, but not at the risk of losing your ground! Good luck!