Bloons Strategy Discussion!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by xeb, May 8, 2009.

1. xeb

xeb New Member

Apr 22, 2009
    hey,

I wanted to get the guides going on the bloons level because some of them can be hard as hell! I am personally stuck on level 46... here is what I am doing:

1- go for the boomerang
    2- try to knock the 3 rows of floating bloons out with the boomerang
    3- bounce the single arrow off the light sabre to arc into the bomb and hit the multi on the way down b4 bomb gets to it
    4- knock out last bloon with multi

the only thing is, i can never get 100% of the floating bloons with the boomerang and can't see any other way this level could be beat.

help!

2. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

anyone with a strategy for 49 would be great : /

3. Rexinator

Rexinator Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I feel pathetic. I can't get past 29!

4. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA

I'm stuck on the same one. I've read guides and thats exactly how you do it, the problem is I can't get all the 3 rows with the boomerangs, I always miss 1. I've tried hundreds of times.

5. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Help for level 29 and 46

Sorry, I'm not there just yet! Good-luck.

Don't feel too bad, this game is not easy. The main thing that makes it difficult is that it can be hard to judge the power and expected arc of the dart when you throw it. The strategy I used for level 29 was to make sure I avoided the balloons that freeze the surrounding balloons and I also made sure I only burst one powerup balloon per throw. If you burst say a balloon with an extra dart and one with a boomerang in it on the same throw then you will only receive one of the powerups so one will be wasted. Also remember that sometimes you can pop more balloons by firing straight up on a slight angle than you can by aiming directly at the balloons. And you don't always achieve the best results with the most powerful shot. Sometimes less power works better as the dart will fall back down through balloons instead of sailing off the screen in a straight line through less balloons.

@xeb and @falloutmike - level 46 is the first level in this game that I got stuck on. In fact I only sucessfully completed this level a short time ago! So rest assured it can be done. Of course you need to be millimetre perfect on every shot...:rolleyes: I've attached two screen images that show the power and arc of the two most difficult throws on this level. The boomerang shot and the bouncing dart. The bouncing dart gave me the most trouble on this level.

Attached Files:

6. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    How do you do 44?

7. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Help for level 44

Your first shot needs to burst the balloon in the bottom left corner. You need to angle and power the throw so that the dart bounces back over the middle wall and bursts the balloon in the bottom right corner. This balloon gives you another dart. Now burst the balloon in the top right corner. Angle and power the throw so that the dart bounces off the wall/brick besides the balloon and goes off the top of the screen and over the wall and comes down and bursts the balloon in the top left corner. It's tricky so have fun :D

8. xeb

xeb New Member

Apr 22, 2009
  9. LQMaRiNe

LQMaRiNe New Member

May 11, 2009
    so for anyone still stuck on 46 this is how i did it.

1st shot hits the needle ballon and gets you the boomerrang
    2nd shot you throw full power at the 3 rows of floating ballons and aim so your arrow is right in between the top and middle row. this should leave the bottom left ballon of the group left.
    3rd shot you hit the black rubber brick and it pops the spike ballon and the 3 darts ballon and spike hits the bomb.

now all thats remaining is the far left ballon and the one ballon left from the group.

with your last throw and triple darts aim straight up with medium power and the left dart hits the left ballon middle hits nothing and your right dart hits the one left over from the group.

10. arc417

arc417 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    ast. coach and student
    FRISCO
    Level 42, order and Chaos is impossible!!! Anybody help please?

11. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Help for level 42

You'll kick yourself when you know how to do it. :) Like most things in life it's easy when you know how! Unlike level 47 (which I know how to do, but I can't get the timing right!)

1) Throw the dart so it bounces and hits the brown wall brick so this brick is removed.
    2) Throw the boomerang so that it goes up over the wall and bursts the balloons to the right of the monkey.
    3) Throw the dart so it bounces and bursts the balloon that the brown wall brick was in front of (the one you removed earlier).
    4) Throw the dart so it bursts the orange balloon with the spiky ball in it. This is the balloon on the bottom left and it is directly above a purple balloon that contains a dart.
    5) Throw the dart and burst the blue balloon below the monkey.
    6) You should now have a 3 dart throw to take out the red balloons that contain bombs.

I've attached screen images that show the throw angles.

Attached Files:

12. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Active Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I wear many hats
    Austin, TX
    #12 Wintergreen, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
    Gawd I had to try lvl 43 1,000,000,000 times

It was such a pain because you have to get 3 pretty hard shots just right. The 3rd one was killing me. Thanks for the screenys. If other folks are having problems you have to do pretty low power and move along the bouncy blocks to get that dart to float one tile in just properly.

EDIT: Oops I meant lvl 42.

-WG

13. LQMaRiNe

LQMaRiNe New Member

May 11, 2009
    #13 LQMaRiNe, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
    so i just beat lvl 50 and it was actually quite easy once i figured out what to do.

So with your first dart you shot downward at the ice ballon which freezes the rainbow one and then it acts like a rubber block and causes your dart to bounce up and arch over the silver blocks and fall into the cluster. then use your remaining two to get one into the columns on the left and game over.

ill add pictures soon

14. brendons

brendons Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Today, I finally beat level 42 after 1000+ tries. Just as the the the score was coming up my iPod died. FML.

15. Sam-333

Sam-333 New Member

May 16, 2009
    Level 42

1.shoot your dart oftly and bounce it off the bouncy part so that it hits the wooden block. a mine will fall and subsequently you will get a boomerang.

2. Then you shoot the boomerang up at a slight angle to the right, hitting the top mine. This will fall, and then you will get another free shot.

3.With this shot do the same as you did with your first and hit the light-saber baloon.

4. As you do this you the next chain of bloons will blow up, giving you yet another free shot.

5.Now aim for the left most mine, which will subsequently fall giving you yet another free shot.

6.Then aim for the laser directly below the monkey and it will get you a triple shot- use this to hit the cluster of bombs.

Then you will have done it. Hope this helps.

16. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I finally beat level 46. Out of one hole and into another.

17. coachmcguirk

coachmcguirk Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Waiting patiently.

I beat all 50.. Patiently waiting for the update.

The hidden content was a bit disappointing, in my opinion.
    ...but, then again, for the price (99 cents) this game was a steal.
    Easily one of my favorites..

18. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    Level pack 2

IN LEVEL PACK 2 i cannot figure out level 42 WEIGH SCALE

i can get all but the helium one and two of them inside.

Can anyone help?

19. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    I think its level 40 in the level pack 2 I can't beat. The one with the boomerang where you have to shoot inside the tight space at the bottom and get the 6 balloons

20. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    thats like level 24. Outer limits. all you have to do is
    first hit the ice balloon
    then hit the needle dart right abouve the monkey head.
    then use the boomerang to hit the bottom left corner
    then hit the lightsaber thing at the top
    and then the extra dart to the left
    then the bombs

it helps with unlimited darts

(photo of right angle for the boomerang)

photo.jpg