Changing your username on TA

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Ddyracer123, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    So I was wondering how do I change my user name (Ddyracer123)? Anyone?

2. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

This is not possible unless you request the change from an administrator. And they say yes. It is not possible otherwise.

3. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    Why would you want to change it in the 1st place

4. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    ^^ getting bored of it I guess

5. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

you made your name only a few days ago and your already bored of it? make sure you never have a child or a pet. thanks.

6. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    Mind your own business jerk. If you have nothing helpful to say than shut your mouth. And a few days? More like 17 dumbo.

7. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

don't call me names, meanie. :(

8. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Are you trying to be sarcastic?

9. fazfznz

fazfznz Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Student
    California
  10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Hilarious!

Ddyracer, maybe you should get out of "dreamland" (your location) and come back to reality. Seriously?

And jchampl, your response was classic. I'm still wiping that tear from my eye from laughing so hard! Now that's how we start a Friday morning! :p

11. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Your username can not be changed unless you give the admin a solid reason why it needs to be changed. And no "bored" is not good enough. Not by a long shot. But if you continue with posts like your third one in this thread, that will be good enough to get you banned pretty soon.

12. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

I said that already.

13. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    :confused:. You talking about my post? Yes you did say it`s not possible without permission from admin, but I did add that he`d need a solid reason behind it and also warned him to keep his language on the forums clean unless he wanted to get banned.

Anyways, I was able to get my username changed in MR forums(sister site of TA) a few years back as I was using my real name as the username and didnt feel comfortable when after sometime googling my name resulted in my posts on those forums. So I requested the mods there and they allowed the name change as they understood my concern while adding they dont generally accept such requests and mine was accepted as an exception only.

14. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    seriously how can u already be bored
    ive had my name for like 6 months already

and who cares of what your name is

15. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    I guess I'm not exactly bored, I just thought it would be nice to change my username. Oh and, I care what my username is ;-)

16. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    I honestly think it's pretty stupid that you can't change a name... All of the forums I visit will freely change your name if you have a reqeust; it's also a simple feat. So that it doesn't become a hassle, make a rule that you cna only change your name x times in x time.

17. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    #17 ImNoSuperMan, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
    Your username is your only identity on such forums. Why would anyone want to loose it? Also afaik, no forums as big as TA n MR allow you to change your username. The smaller ones will change the usernames without much fuss. But that's mainly coz they don't have too many users anyways and will be more than happy to accomodate your request. If TA starts allowing name changes then it'll be such a mess. With appx 6000 active members how is anyone going to ever recognize a fellow poster. The community here is one of the biggest reason for TA's popularity. If everyone starts changing there userid, it'll be the second worst thing that could happen with TA(first one would be dev participation. If devs stop visiting TA, I'm sure more than half of the members (plus all the lurkers) will stop visiting these forums.)

18. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Really? Because I visit some huge forums, with more user than TA; if you want to be recognized by your fellow posters, then don't have your name changed, it's as simple as that. And if they don't want a huge fuss, make a rule about your name changes, but honestly, it's a simple change.

Open mod/admin controls, search current name, replace with wanted name. That's all there is to it.