about app submission

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by metalbean, Apr 27, 2012.

1. metalbean

metalbean Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Hi,

Here's a newbie question. After submission and approval, is it possible to pull it out and not publish? Any repercussion?

2nd question, is it possible to submit an update before the current version is published. Say I have ver1 approved and scheduled for launch in June. Can I, before ver1 go public, submit ver2 for approval?

Thanks~

2. IntrinsicGames

IntrinsicGames Well-Known Member

Yup, it's possible, but I don't know what the repercussions would be. We've pulled a previously approved update to an app, but we resubmitted and explained why we pulled it.

I believe this is possible, but it's a bit difficult to pull off.

3. binaryhelix

binaryhelix Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    When you first submit, you have the option whether you want it to go live immediately (if it's past the availability date) or wait for further approval from you. Don't make it available immediately.

Also, you could just set the availability date into next year and keep advancing it. Apple doesn't care, you're paying them $99 a year regardless.

We had a free version and I wanted to test if taking it off the market would improve sales of the full version, so even though it was already launched, I just changed the availability date into the future. This took it off the app store. When I wanted it back, I changed the availability date to today.

Yes. This is easy, just set your availability date later (like June or later). Submit version two for approval, get it approved, then change the availability date again. You get new promo codes with each approval, so you could do this and send out promo codes to review sites in advance. You could even send the promo codes to beta testers if you don't mind the roughly 1-week approval wait each time.

4. metalbean

metalbean Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    IntrinsicGames and BinaryHelix

This is really what I needed to know, thanks alot!