iPhone The Amazing Spiderman 2 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Damn, still need to play the first one which i picked in the first sale.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    It looks the same as the other TASM, and that game wasn't very good.

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Wonder if they're closing in on 2GB with this.

5. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I guess the key here would be just how much they improved on that game. I'm not on the camp of people who hate it - I personally thought it was a decent, occasionally rather good game - but even I have to recognize that there is a lot of room for improvement in it: more diverse missions and a more coherent storyline, a better fighting system, more collectibles (give us more alternate costumes), better voice acting... If they improve on these issues, I'll be one happy spiderling come April!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to your post. The first one was ok, a bit lacking, but ok. I hope this second one improved on the first.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #7 JBRUU, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    I really do not dig those animations. Ugh.

The shame here is that Gameloft's spiderman games have a fantastic pedigree: anyone remember their 2010 linear brawler? It nailed everything without shoehorning in an open world. I'd rather go back to a linear, narrative and gameplay driven beat 'em up than go open world again and take that drastic drop in overall quality.

In other words, quality over quantity. I've always felt that the massive endeavors Gameloft attempts - The Dark Knight Rises, TASM 1, etc - tend to fall short because they throw a little of everything. Meanwhile, more focused, tightly delivered games that have an arguably smaller scope (Asphalt 8, the MC/NOVA series, even Wild Blood sans the IAP drivel) focus on one thing and do it well.

Draw distance is impressive, though.

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

:( iphone 4 users?

9. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    nothing new from copyloft...

10. OpTic NaDeShOt

Dec 6, 2013
    Hope it can run on iPhone 4 and up

11. Anonomation

Gameloft Ryan, if you can see this, please suggest to the dev to optimize this for iphone 4. Many of us users are still out there and are getting pushed out of new games.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I still hope this one is better than the first.

Maybe they should just reskin the first Spider-man game on PSX.

13. I'd rather a re-skin of Spider-Man 2

14. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Sorry for just joining the party everyone. Been having tech issues at work and needless to say it's been a nightmare! Anyways...I don't know right now how far back in terms of devices this game will go currently. I'll need to check and see and get back to you!

15. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    I feel a bit harsh saying this, but it is understandable if they don't support it. The 4 is almost 4 years old now. It's unfortunate but that's mobile progression for you. When something is upgraded every year it becomes difficult to keep supporting every older device, you have to draw the line somewhere.

I wouldn't feel that bad if the 4S wasn't supported, I think it got a second wind thanks to the iPad mini sharing some internals.

16. Anonomation

Even though it's true, we still wait until gameloft Ryan's return...

17. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I agree completely. The brawler was amazing. The sandbox not so much. Still if they improve the draw distance on this and jazz it up a little I would still be happy. :)

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #18 Nekku, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    I can tell you TASM 1 performed poorly on my iPhone 4 back when it was released even with most off the effects gone so I highly doubt TASM 2 will run near smoothly. Seriously I was rly pissed off due to the fact that GL never mentioned it in the description that you need at least an 4S for a smooth framerate.
    Maybe if they'll go for non-Retina, which is imo the only way I can think of to make this game near playable on the iPhone 4.
    (Open world games are always hardware hungry regardless on which system it is played on)

Good luck!

I never liked the first one that much. Lacking in mission varity, clunky fighting animations, etc. while I had a blast with TDK, which was outstanding imo.
    Hope the second incarnation does better.

19. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Yeah, we'll see. As it gets closer to launch I'll be able to get a better idea from the Dev team on what devices they think will run the game optimally. I'll update you all as I get the info!

20. Anonomation

Hey gameloft Ryan, I know this is off topic, although I wanted to let you know while I could. Backstab has a crashing problem on ios 7.