Leo's Fortune: Hardcore Mode Contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by zazzer, May 15, 2014.

1. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Global Community Manager, Arena of Valor
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hardcore mode is so difficult that, to date, nobody in the world has completed it! Today 1337 & Senri are issuing a challenge to the Leo’s Fortune community to complete Hardcore mode.

For the next few weeks, if you manage to complete the game in one playthrough without dying, you will be entered into Leo's Hardcore Challenge. All participants must email a photo of themselves with the secret that unlocks after beating Hardcore mode, along with their GameCenter ID, to [email protected] to be entered.

Each entrant who completes Hardcore mode will have their named added to the "Hardcore Players Club" in the credits where it shall remain forever! One grand prize winner will be chosen at random to win a 16GB iPad mini (Wi-Fi). Two runner-up prizes of $100 iTunes Gift Cards will also be awarded to entrants chosen at random.

Complete rules are at http://www.leosfortune.com/contest-rules/

Good luck!

[​IMG]

2. Wow! I suck at games, but will try my best to do this! That is a huge itunes gc, and this is an awesome game!!!!

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Sounds very interesting. I've heard good things about the game but I haven't try it yet. So you're saying no one has completed this task yet? Is this even doable?

4. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    One of the devs said he got to the last level.
    Yeah nobody beat this challenge. I could manage up to level 14/20 with the number one having 16/20 IIRC. Not so easy.

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Are these the same rules as listed on the contest website. The one play through comment seem different than what's listed on the website.

6. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Contest is for U.S. residents only... :(

7. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Hardcore mode is not necessarily very difficult in theory, but in practice you need to keep your focus all the way through the game. You usually don't die from the tricky bits, but instead it's the parts where you feel confident that will get you. A false sense of security can easily get you to drop your guard.

My advice is to play through the game in normal mode first and list all the parts that you find difficult. Then you practice on each of those segments until you've mastered them. Usually you can go through a segment and then kill yourself at the end to restart right before it. That way you can practice a segment over and over without having to restart the whole level.

In the end it's down to how much you've practiced. If there are a number of segments where you will die 50% of the time, then you need a lot of luck to beat Hardcore. But if you improve your skill so that you only die 10% of the time, you have a pretty good shot.

8. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Damn I want to download the game just to enter this now lol, $5 isn't bad for an entry to win an iPad if you can beat it

9. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    now imagine my disappoinment...

10. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Palo Alto, CA
    There is no difference. Hardcore mode is beating the game without dying in one playthrough (which is unlocked after beating the game normally).

This is about half right. The contest itself is open to everyone to get your their placed in the credits. But due to legal regulations, we must restrict prizing to the US.

11. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA

12. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    well, from one side, any contest or prize from the developer is the gesture of a good will, you don't have to do that, I understand, but from the other side, this'll give you some publicity and sales increase, there's no doubt about that

don't get me wrong, we're buying the app (not the contest), I'm just saying it seems a bit unfair to ask the same price from non US costumers considering the advantage this game is offering now

13. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Palo Alto, CA

14. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA

Attached Files:

15. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Hah! Good one!

16. Hejden

Hejden Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
  17. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    This is really challenging and I'm not sure I'm going to make it. To quote by hero Zapp Brannigan, "The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised."

18. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Palo Alto, CA
    "The spirit is willing but the flesh is furry and mustached."

*fixed that for you

19. G.R.

G.R. Active Member

Mar 19, 2012
    20 minutes!

20. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Palo Alto, CA
    That's right, Leo's Hardcore Challenge is now CLOSED. Thanks for the interest and entries, everyone. We'll be announcing the winners soon on Facebook and Twitter if you'd like to follow along.