Facebook advertising experience

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by cryptid, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Your welcome, thanks for posting your results.

They are interesting for me since I am trying to figure how to best advertist my next game.

2. cryptid

cryptid Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Code Monkey
    San Francisco, CA
    How are you guys doing the mobile ads? Isn't that in an invite only beta?

3. 8-Bit Avrin

8-Bit Avrin Member

May 10, 2012
    #23 8-Bit Avrin, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    Thank you, glad you liked the post. Yea I didn't spend much but it appears that I ended up making it back plus more. I ended up receiving more than 60 downloads during the short ad time, not an exuberant amount but more than 60 for sure. I'm sure not all of the downloads came from seeing the ad, but it didn't seem to hurt. Next time I'll probably spend more and make the campaign longer.

I would definitely recommend YouTube and Facebook advertising. If you use Facebook I also recommend configuring the sections that let you target a specific audience. I would create a couple of campaigns as you've stated, and separate the iOS and Android versions. Also, definitely mention that the app is free. As I'm sure you know, people really like free apps.

4. 8-Bit Avrin

8-Bit Avrin Member

May 10, 2012
    When I set up my app ad campaign on Facebook earlier this year there was a section that let me select mobile ad distribution. I believe it appeared after I inserted my app link due to Facebook recognizing that my ad was for a mobile app.

5. ryansumo

ryansumo Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Freelance artist
    Manila
    Anyone been trying their luck with Facebook recently? Also what's with these $50 facebook vouchers, they legit?

6. adrianlikesbeer

Jun 6, 2013
    Product Designer
    Los Angeles
    I got an email about advertising for the holidays from Facebook that offers a mystery coupon that could be anywhere between $25 and $250.

It was good timing as I just started a campaign for the holidays for Shape Shuffle. This will be the second time I've run a Facebook campaign. I've kept the app price the same (free), however for the Facebook ads themselves, I've added 6 different pieces of creative to see if that has an effect on:

1. The number of app installs
    2. The quality of the users (how many return the next day after playing, share the app, rate the app, etc.)

The campaign has only been going on for a day and a half right now so I'm going to give it the holidays before I report back with some stats.

Early observation... The numbers are trending to be on par with the previous campaigns that we've run.