Zombie Games, Have we had enough of them?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by genesis_pig, Sep 8, 2013.

1. genesis_pig

genesis_pig Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    I keep seeing tons of new zombie games popping up, most of them seem so unimaginative & ridiculous.
    What are the devs thinking, that the word "Zombie" is a good enough word to sell a game or app.

I just wanted to know what are the opinions of the rest.

I love zombie games & I am always on the lookout for something fun with zombies in it, but I have been seeing some really bad ones lately trying to flash the word ZOMBIE far too often, trying hard to impress.

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Agree slightly. Most really bad apps just throw zombie in the title . example : angry zombie jump birds free (real app)

However good zombie apps like CoD zombies and N.Y Zombies deserve new versions. Dead ahead is also good. There are plenty of decent games that have zombies in them. You just need to know where to look.

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I hate zombies now.
    I had the ZSG, was a huge romero fan, and dug WWZ at least four years back. But then the trend hit.
    I always was First and foremost a dinosaur fan.
    I prefer dinos over zeds because the offer an oppritunity unlike "Infection X72" or "Unknown Virus 5,342". There are nice twists on the usual formula here and there, but I absolutely hate Zombies as a theme.
    Dinos offer a vast array of oppritunity that no one realizes, or has used to any point close to its fullest.
    We needa move on.
    How many times can the world end anyway?

4. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    great example. the devs are getting results for people searching for angry birds, plants vs zombies ( or any of the other numerous popular zombie games), doodle jump, angry birds again, and any free app. its ridiculous.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Zombies haven't been cool since 1999.

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    #6 Gov, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    Trouble is, the more zombie games that get made.. It dilutes the mystery and fascination and originality of older titles over time.

Take Resident Evil for example. The older ones (1,2,3) on ps1. Great games! But now, when I play them, i feel numb and don't fear the zombies anymore!

Because loads of zombie games have spawned, and it has made the zombies weaker and what makes it worse is when some games make fun of zombies or make them in cartoon form of funny joke form. Like Bloody Harry - great game no doubt... But the image of the zombie has suffered IMO.

WWZ is a good game though... I think you need to get it right for zombie games. You need a sense of vulnerability in these types of games. Like - "into the dead" for example. I hate when a game gives you a ton of ammo and guns, and you blast away zombies like they are nothing! Dead Trigger is an example.

7. genesis_pig

genesis_pig Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    True, there loads of good ones.
    Zombie Gunship, Zombie Highway, Last Driver, Zombies (by Bignic) & more are all good fun. I am always on the lookout for good zombie games.

I see that it is not the same with superheroes or other terms to trend as much as on the appstore as the term "Zombies".

8. Too many zombies.

9. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I'm still waiting on a really fun zombie game like L4D2 on mobile. 4 player co-op and 4 v 4 versus mode would be really fun. Hopefully something like this comes out soon.

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Heres hoping GTA V doesn't have a zombie mode.