Combat Monsters: How a big game is born

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Rubicon, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    #1 Rubicon, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Our massive new Combat Monsters is due to arrived on the store at the end of the month. If anyone is interested, I've just written a piece about how the idea (and the game) came into being:

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/PaulJohnson/20130930/201190/Combat_Monsters_The_Story_So_Far.php

As suggested below, you can get an early look at what's coming by downloading the PC Beta right now: http://www.rubicondev.com/combatmonsters/

Anything you do/earn/unlock/buy/etc in the beta will "stick" when we release and also be available on your iOS device through the same account.

2. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You should have mentioned in your post above about the PC beta. I'm definitely going to check that out tonight! The game looks great so far.

3. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Really interesting premise, and a very interesting article, to boot! Looks neat.

Question, though, since I didn't see this stated explicitly in the article (and forgive me if I just skimmed over it):

Will this game have single-player functionality, or just multiplayer?

Thanks, and best of luck with the bug-squashing!

4. Rubicon

Feb 22, 2011
    Isle of Wight, UK
    It's more multiplayer than not tbh, but there's a decent single player campaign also.

5. SteveVenezia

SteveVenezia Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Developer
    London
  6. Rubicon

Feb 22, 2011
    Isle of Wight, UK
    The final PC Beta just went live. The iOS version will look and play just like this unless anything serious got broke.