Tengami - (by Nyamyam Limited)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

In Tengami you explore a beautifully paper architected pop-up world, with an art style inspired by traditional Japanese arts and crafts. Tengami is an adventure game, full of wonder and mystery, set in Japan of ancient dark fairy tales.

The world is at your fingertips as you manipulate it to solve puzzles and discover secrets. Tengami will be released first on the iPad. In addition a release on iPhone, PC and Mac is planned as well.

Tengami is IndieCade 2012 nominated and is set to release in early 2013 for iPad, PC & Mac.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Homepage:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:

2. AyreGuitar

AyreGuitar New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Indie Game Developer
    West Wales, UK
    Nice style, but wrong forum?

Liking the art style, but I thought this was the upcoming iPhone & iPad game forum? I think there's a separate one for iPad, but hey I'm new here, so what do I know ;-)

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

The important Words are Bold.

4. ElectricLime

ElectricLime New Member

Aug 18, 2012
    This game looks amazing, so unique and beautiful. I will probably have to get it for pc since i do not own either an ipad or an iphone sadly.

5. pettysd

pettysd New Member

Aug 25, 2012
  6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#6 Sanuku, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    I do own both but I`ll probably get the PC Version too because it`s always something different if I play a Game on an 9.7 Zoll Tablet or on the big Screen (55).

7. nyyjen

nyyjen Member

Aug 23, 2012
    UK
    Hi from Nyamyam

Hi!
    My name is Jennifer and I am one of the 3 developers working on Tengami. Just wanted to post a thank you to the Touch Arcade community for the warm welcome.

We are trying to read as many comments as we can, as well as answer questions you might have.

Tengami is quite a long project and will be in development for a good while. We are showing a demo version at a couple of events this year. Once I have the final dates and locations I will post them here. Possibly it will be close to where on or the other lives and you get the chance to have a look at the game early and give us feedback.

8. nyyjen

nyyjen Member

Aug 23, 2012
    UK
    Play Tengami at IndieCade

This weekend we are showing the iPad version of Tengami as part of the IndieCade festival in Culver City/Los Angeles. If you live in this part of the world come and play for yourself. Entry is free and you get to play the other nominated games as well.

More info about how to get to IndieCade is on their website: http://indiecade.com

If you are living in the UK, then you have the chance to play Tengami at the GameCity Festival in Nottingham at the end of October. I will post exact times and days closer to the event.

Have good weekend!

9. nyyjen

nyyjen Member

Aug 23, 2012
    UK
    #9 nyyjen, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    Play Tengami at GameCity Festival UK

Next week Tengami is playable at the GameCity festival in Nottingham/UK. We are going to be in the big tent on the old market place October 25th to 27th.

There will be tons of other games to play, as well as gaming related activities. Some more bizarre than others. More info on the festival can be found here: http://festival.gamecity.org/

IndieCade asked us to do a short video talking about Tengami and some 'behind the scenes' things. The video is here:

And by the way, we have Tengami running on the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 in addition to the iPad. We are looking at a simultaneous release for all supported iOS devices, rather than doing them after the other.

Hope to see some of you at GameCity festival next week!

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Game looks interesting. And i find Jennifer hawt. :D

11. Trautman

Trautman Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Fukuoka, Japan
    I like thiese graphics. Nice art.
    BTW, ten = heaven, gami (kami) = god?

12. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Nice to see a developer taking a chance with something new. Will definitely be buying this when the iPhone version is released. Hopefully it is soon!

13. nyyjen

nyyjen Member

Aug 23, 2012
    UK
    Hello again

Hi!

This is Jennifer from Nyamyam.
    Thought I would resurrect the thread with Tengami being very close to release in case anyone has questions beforehand.

It has taken 3 years to develop Tengami and as you can imagine we are beyond excited to finally release it on the AppStore. The game is with Apple and will go on sale very soon. No more delays :)

At launch Tengami supports iPhone4 and newer, iPad2 and newer and iPod 5th generation. You need iOS7. The final pop-up count is 133, yes that's 133 authentically folding pop-ups :).

You can see the latest screenshots and trailers here: http://tengami.com

A while ago we made a beautiful wallpaper based on the scene with the howling wolf. It is available in sizes for all your iDevces and desktops here:
    http://nyamyam.com/860/tengamigame/tengami-wallpaper

This is what it looks like.
    [​IMG]

Have a great weekend!

14. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Is it gonna be out this month?

15. nyyjen

nyyjen Member

Aug 23, 2012
    UK
    Yes, it will be released this month. I can announce the official release date tomorrow.

16. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Will definitely keep an eye on this thread then.

17. Onemoreshot

Onemoreshot Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Great news, how big is the file size?

18. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Thanks for responding here. I thought you forgot!

19. Muchuu

Muchuu Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Can't wait!

20. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    oh wow this looks incredible! I'm glad I stumbled across this today. Definitely excited to play this