Diesel Tactics - A dieselpunk inspired, asynchronous turn based strategy game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by T-Go Co Games, Mar 23, 2013.

1. T-Go Co Games

T-Go Co Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    NOTE: The game had a working title of 'Ars Tactica', but the official name has been announced as 'Diesel Tactics' and that is why I'm reposting the initial information

Hey all,

I'm proud to announce T-Go Co Games' upcoming game 'Ars Tactica' (working title).

It's an asynchronous turn based strategy game (like Hero Academy) that also allows players to build their own custom armies to bring into battle, similar to the table top games Warhammer or War Machine.

The world and art style are inspired from World War I and II imagery with a steampunk/dieselpunk vibe to it. The game will be 3D with 2D background elements.

Right now we only have the first concept art pieces to show (though modelling and animation have begun, we just aren't showing anything yet!), but we have new announcements several times per week on our website (and twitter and facebook pages) and if you're interested in following the progress of the game please follow us on any (or all!) of those!

We're hoping to launch the game in late summer (around August) with the beta being available about a month or so before release.

The game will be available on both iPhone and iPad. It will also be available on Android devices, but I don't think this is the place to bring that up. You will be able to play against each other though, so you can show those Android gamers what's what!

Here's some concept art from some of the units in the game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want to see more and to keep up to date with our progress, check us out:

Web: www.tgocogames.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/tgocogames
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/tgocogames

2. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    Updated information about Diesel Tactics

Hey everyone,

New information has steadily been coming out about Diesel Tactics, and here are some highlights:

- There will be (at least) 2 armies available at launch

- The game will be free with one army available to the player and additional armies purchasable for $1.99

- Each army will have 8 units (at least) available to them, 6 Infantry units and 2 Vehicle units

- There will be 3 mission types at launch: Take and Hold, Assault, and Engagement

- There will be an Elo style rating system for players to help create more evenly matched games

There's plenty more to be revealed, so check out our website for more information and you can find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on all the updates about the game!

In the mean time, here's some more concept art and models from some of the units in the game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
  4. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Looks interesting! I like the steampunk style! :)
    Any release date? Is there maybe a video?

5. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    We should have our first in game videos up early next month, assuming everything goes smoothly!

We're hoping to be in alpha by July and beta not too long after that.

6. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    #6 T-Go Co Games, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  7. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    Updated information about Diesel Tactics

Just wanted to let everyone know that there have been a ton of added images to the Diesel Tactics image gallery, go check them out here!

8. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Its looking better and better! Cant wait! :D

9. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    More Updates on Diesel Tactics!

We've been hard at work laying the foundation for Diesel Tactics core gameplay as well as creating the menu system for the game including the all important army creation screens!

Unfortunately, this means that we haven't had a whole lot of stuff to show off to everyone, since screenshots of code aren't all that exciting.

We have had quite a few updates on our website tgocogames.com including my blog ramblings on varied topics like board gaming and Kickstarter campaigns, so keep up to date with us there!

We do have some concept art images for our menu screens to show you guys in the Diesel Tactics concept art image gallery as well as a bunch of new images in the main gallery for you to check out!

We'll have some gameplay images and videos coming up in the very near future and the updates should be coming fast and furious at that point, so stay tuned!

Here's a couple WIP images from our menus!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    More Updates on Diesel Tactics!

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since we've updated our info on the forums, but that's largely been due to the fact that we're hard at work trying to get a working game up and running!

We've got most of the pieces of the puzzle made and we're in the process of putting them together. Things are going pretty smoothly now, but the dev world is always pretty unpredictable unfortunately, so we're not entirely sure when we'll be ready to have some gameplay videos for you guys. It shouldn't be too much longer though, and I'll let everyone know as soon as we have something playable!

Until then, here are some more images from Diesel Tactics with their working names attached which we'd love to hear your feedback on!

[​IMG]

WIP Army Building Screen

[​IMG]

Motorcycle and Sidecar Model (working name: Reitwagen Kommando)

[​IMG]

Sniper Unit (working name: Scharfschützen)

[​IMG]

Jetpack Unit (working name: Himmel Stürmer - “Sky Stormers”)

[​IMG]

Heavy Machine Gunner (working name: Rapid Projectile Dispatching Sqaud)​

11. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    This looks good so if you need any beta testers let me know.

12. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    We'll be looking for beta testers in the not too distant future, and we'll be asking on these message boards when we are, so you should definitely be able to get a spot testing when we are!

Thanks for the offer!

13. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    #13 T-Go Co Games, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Development Status Update

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give you guys an update on how things are progressing with Diesel Tactics, and let you know why we're running a bit behind schedule.

We've had some internal issues (which I think is sort of inevitable with any studio, but can be particularly bad with an indie developer) which have caused us to have to redo some work that we thought was done. The end result is that we're running about two and a half months behind schedule. We were hoping to be in alpha right now, but it looks like that will happen closer to sometime in September.

We should know relatively soon as to what our new milestone dates are (for things like gameplay videos, trailers, alpha, beta, etc) and I'll update everyone here as soon as possible.

On a more positive note, our artist Nadia Fernandez has done some awesome work on the logo for Diesel Tactics and I'd like to show it off to you guys in its current form, so here it is!

[​IMG]

To see more images of the new logo check out the Diesel Tactics menu sub gallery here!

Thanks for understanding guys and I'll update you all again soon!

14. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Keeping a beady eye on this one, some gameplay footage would be awesome - just so we know what to expect :)

15. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    Animation video for Rocket Soldier!

Hey everyone,

I've put together a little animation reel for the GA6 “Grasshopper” Rocket Troopers from Diesel Tactics!

Check it out!

16. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    Diesel Tactics update

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've given any updates about the status of Diesel Tactics, but I've just posted on my blog explaining where we're at as far as development goes as well as giving a little more information on how the game will play.

Check it out here!

And since everyone has been so patient, here's a couple new pics of some units from Diesel Tactics showing off the Steampunk skin!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. arrow123

arrow123 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Please, please, PLEASE let me Beta test this It looks amazing!

18. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks, arrow123!

You know what? BOOM! You're on the beta tester list! I sent you a private message with my email address, so just get in touch with me and I'll set you up!

19. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    Diesel Tactics update

Hey guys,

I've posted on my blog a a list of all the units that are going to be available for 'The Republic' nation (working name! suggestions welcome!) in Diesel Tactics along with a quick description of them. Soon I'll post the unit list for 'The Kaiserreich' nation (also a working name!), so stay tuned for that as well!

Check out the Republic units from Diesel Tactics here!

Cheers!

20. T-Go Co Games

Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2013
    Game Developer
    Montreal, Canada
    Diesel Tactics - Kaiserreich Nation

Hey everyone,

The unit list for the Kaiserreich nation (a working name, suggestions more than welcome!) has been posted up on our website!

See all soldiers of the Fatherland here!

Here's a look at the Kampfpanzer "Spinnentier" or Spider Tank unit available to the Kaiserreich nation!

[​IMG]