what games to get for my ipod touch 2g?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wttwoa, Nov 23, 2009.

1. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    #1 wttwoa, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
    for christmas i'm getting a ipod touch 2g. i'm mainly getting it because it's able to play good games. i need some suggestions on what games to get, here's my list so far:

2XL ATV Offroad
    XL supercross
    Tap Tap Revenge 3
    The Settlers
    Big Buck Hunter PRO
    RavenSword
    Geared
    Soosiz
    Jet Car Stunts
    Meteor Blitz
    MiniSquadron
    Driver
    Need for Speed Undercover
    Edge
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
    Payback
    Bounce On
    Implode
    Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor
    Geodefense
    Minigore
    Dungeon Hunter
    Harbor Master
    Sway
    Rolando
    Real Racing
    Zombieville USA
    Peggle
    Blue Defence
    Enigmo

any suggestions on games are welcome. my main concern is that some of these games wont run smoothly on the 2g touch because its not the current hardware, do you guys know if it will? i'll keep updating the list and including games that are still under development.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Soosiz
    Jet Car Stunts
    Meteor Blitz
    MiniSquadron

All games should run fine on your second gen, unless they were made specifically for a third generation device, or for whatever reason were made poorly.

I have most of the games on your list and they run fine on a second gen. device.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Take Monster Trucks Nitro out of the list. PLEASE.

And here are some suggestions:
    Need for Speed Undercover (and Shift, if it gets released untill then :p)
    Jet Car Stunts
    Mini Squadron
    Gang$tar
    Payback
    Smashed
    Ground Effect
    Doom Resurrection
    The secret of monkey island: Spechial Edition
    Space Invaders Infinity Gene
    Edge
    Cocoto Kart Online
    Above & Beyond Air Combat

4. Korean

Korean Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    of those apps, i think modern combat sandstorm, soosiz, edge, and jet car stunts are the best

5. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    ill keep looking up games and addin em to the list, i probably wont put all those on the ipod touch because i want to put a few useful apps for school on it, our school lets us use em in class for things like the calculator, and notes off of classjump. does anyone know how many home pages you can and how many icons total?

6. illucius

illucius Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    How's about Eliminate?

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    If you have 3.0 installed, then it will have a total of 11 pages, if it's 2.0 then it'll be 9 pages.

16 apps fit on each page, except the first page which will be taken up mostly with Apples pre-installed apps.(calculator, mail, calendar, etc.)

8. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    as soon as i get the iphone touch 2g, i'll probably upgrade to 3.0 on the same day

9. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Welcome to TA Wttwoa!
    I think the new ones Do come with the OS 3.0 :cool:

10. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    #10 wttwoa, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
    ty for the welcome, but i thought the only 8gb was the 2nd gen and u had to upgrade the software for $4.95

p.s: added few more games on the list

11. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I don't see why it should NOT come with the OS 3.0 now :D

12. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Lol, I don't like any of the games on your list except Need for Speed Undercover. Probably extremely polar preferences. o.o';

13. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    we all have our preferences, i especially dont like flying games like ace combat or hawx, not because they arent good games, just because to me they are too hard to get use to for me. i always end up crashing into something.

14. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    No offense buddy but your list blows. Seems like you are desperately looking for "console-like" games on your device. In my opinion, those are the worst games you could get for the platform (Modern Combat, Nova, etc).

Anyway, that's just my point of view, but I would recommend you to buy the stuff that works on the platform, like Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor, The Creeps!, Hook Champ, Beneath a Steel Sky, Orbital, Geodefense, Samurai Way of the Warrior, Isotope and Monster Kill.

15. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    jet car stunts, minigore, and CoD zombies

16. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    on a review i liked how minigore and jet car stunts was, i want to get CoD zombies but the price is a little steep for a single map, and im looking for a video of the co op on it

17. Rod130

Rod130 Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Wales, UK
    Touch Pets is worth downloading for free - I've quite enjoyed it but only play for about 15 mins a day before the free food runs out, wish they'd come up with a different micro-transaction strategy for that.

Of the ones on your list I'd probably give Brothers in Arms a miss, from what I've played MC sandstorm seams better I can't imagine you'd want to play BIA if you had MC on there tbh. I'd also avoid XL supercross the lite version didn't impress me much and again if you were to get the ATV off-road I wouldn't imagine you'd play supercross much. Hero of Sparta seamed okay but i think Dungeon Hunter is probably a better game.

My favourite games are probably The Settlers and Championship Manager 2010 (but unless your from the UK you wont be interested in that). Some of the simple games really grab my attention when I only have 10 mins spare like Squareball, I dig it, Minigore and Backbreaker.

Omega has a point though the best games on these devices are generally not the shooters. Puzzlers and games that make good use of the touch interface ie Settlers and Spider... some of the word games suck me in too.

So far all games seam to run fine on my 2nd Gen touch, I wonder how much longer that will last. I hope Nova inparticular will be okay.

HTH

18. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    just realised u guys were right, i have plenty of shooters on other platforms. i remade the list and need u guys to check it out, and i atleast want to try XL supercross before i buy it, to see if i'll like it, but i'll probably like atv offroad more

19. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    if you ask me other must-haves are:
    orbital
    real racing
    hook champ
    harbor master
    ELISS
    sway

20. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    added a few more games, im gonna start adding prices to find out total, anyone else have anymore suggestions?