Aright i so pissed of right now!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Cure, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    So I did buy eventually the gift card (i live in canda)
    and i found out that i cant buy any app or games in itunes with canadian gift cards!!!
    And thats just piss me off!!!! i just spent like 250 on this whole ipod thing with a gift card and all i wanted to do is is play so casual games but ****!!!!
    now i am going to my bank (BMO) to ask then if there is any sort of plan that i can get a mastercard (i am planing to getting an "AIR MILES MasterCard") but i dont know how old i need to be to get one (i am 17 now).
    Anyway wanted to ask if there is someone that use this card or now if it allows you to buy apps from itune?
    And the second question is if there is any other card that someone knows about that i can get and use to purchase apps and games from the itunes store?
    Thx for the help.

P.S.
    Sooooooooo pissed of right now sooooo...

2. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
  3. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    yeh the only problem is that i read it to late!

4. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    In the US you can get prepaid Master Cards and Visa Cards. I am not sure if that would help you out or not but its something to look into! Here in the US they sell them everywhere including the grocery store if you an believe that!

5. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    whats a prepaid master card or visa?
    sorry it just English is not my main language >_>

6. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
  7. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Its like a gift card but its a Master Card or Visa credit card instead. Its just like the iTunes card - you pay for it first - then use the balance later - but it has the Master Card or Visa label on it so you can use it generally wherever they take credit cards. Again, its available in the US so not so sure about Canada!

Sorry if I confused you!

8. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    so a prepaid visa/mastercard are like the gift card you buy some amount of money and after that you spend all the moeny on that card you need to buy a new one?
    and i think we have those in canada cause i just run a search in google and i think they said they do.

9. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    #9 skyye06, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
    Some are already have the amount in them such as $25, $50, $100 and you just pay to activate while some arre those that you can recharge everytime (greedot, etc.)

Not sure if it will work though...never tried

Edit: my bad it is only the pre, excuse the latter

10. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Yes exactly!

11. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    what I got from yahoo answers...so technically yes I guess

Short Answer: You can not make an account with a prepaid credit card.

Explanation: Technically, you can, but it won't work. There have been people who have tried. They can open the account, but with buying songs it's a hit-and-miss affair - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (even when they have the proper balance). Indeed, it's also very irritating to have to switch credit cards so often.

Instead of a prepaid credit card, you can use an iTunes Gift Card to create an account- it's the easiest way. Many stores carry them (Apple Retail Store, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart are just three examples). You can buy them in $15, $25, $50, and $100 amounts, and you can create an account with them. Whenever you need more money on the account, just buy another card and redeem it. Or, you could buy one online at http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/gi… . (If you buy a $25 one online, buy the "Project (RED)" one and support charity.)

Here's a tutorial on how to create an account using an iTunes Gift Card (and how to redeem future cards): http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1574 .

I hope I helped!

12. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    the whole problem started because i bought an iTunes gift card!!! :mad:

13. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    lol I know I just copied and pasted it off a U.S. answer but I'm thinking it should work as it stated in the first paragraph, but before you waste any more money I'd contact another Canadian, person from whom your buying the card from, or an itunes operator.

14. Cure

Cure Member

Jun 17, 2009
    so someone can tell me if Prepaid Visa/Mastercard or Reloadable Prepaid MasterCard Cards can be used for pruchasing games and apps from the iTunes store?