Mass "What should I get?" Thread 2011

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

1. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #1 Zincous, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
    Hey guys,

To control the amount of threads being created, all asking the same question, this is a general mass collection of "what games should I get with my $___ gift card?".

Mods will be linking to this thread and locking any thread created that falls into this category or they may just merge the new threads into here. Feel free to report any threads that need to be locked and linked or merged to here :)

So recommend games you guys would suggest to people, or ask which games would be good for you and list out your guidelines for genres.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #2 S.I.D. CrAzY, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
    Good idea.

I'll just copy+paste what I posted in another thread as it has most of the games I would recommend.

Pick up and play games: Boost 3D(others such as Doodle Jump, Geospark, Minigore, Mr. AaahH!!, Angry Birds or Canabalt are good as well)

Racing games: NFS: Shift( Real Racing is a decent alternative, I wouldn't recommend Asphalt 5, I would recommend NFS:U if you want an arcade racer though)

Match 3 games:
    Match 3D Flick Puzzle, Treasures of Montezuma 2, bitFlip, Azkend, Dragon Portals

Side-scrolling platformers:
    Plushed, Soosiz(Honorable mentions: Spybot Chronicles, Bounce On)

Dual stick shooters: Meteor Blitz, Minigore, Alive4 ever, Isotope.

Side scrolling beat em/shoot em' ups: OMG Pirates, Inkvaders, Zombieville USA(though I personally believe Inkvaders is better)

RPGS: Inotia 2, Seed(FREE)

Tower Defense: Defender Chronicles, The Creeps, Fieldrunners, Zombie Attack! 2, Elemental Monster TD. Other good ones if you're looking for a challenge is geoDefense and geoDefense Swarm

Other recommendations:
    Speed Forge Extreme, Jet Car Stunts, MiniSquadron, Peggle, iblast Moki, GOALS! Pro, Harbor Havoc 3D, Drop7

Point and click(touch) adventure games:
    All Fridges are Psychotic, Beneath a Steel Sky

Some of these have lite version so you can try those out before you buy

3. wttwoa

wttwoa Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    #3 wttwoa, Dec 25, 2009
    what should i get with my $15 gift card? i was thinking of gettin NOVA,minigore,jet car stunts, soosiz, geodefense swarm, and atv offroad. anyone have any other suggestions? i already have ttr3,uniwar, and iblast moki from the appvent. id swap soosiz and geodefense with a game where u can build cities, or something alone the lines of that. or a farming game, but the ones ive seen on the app store arent good so far by the reviews people leave.

4. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    If you got an extra buck, Cartoon Wars Gunner is very fun!

5. shishio99

shishio99 Active Member

Dec 13, 2009
    #5 shishio99, Dec 25, 2009
    How good is Plushed? I have an urge to buy it but have heard negative comments about it. Also are there any games like minigore but with more unlockables?

6. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    An end to the "what should I buy?" threads?
    Now, that's a Christmas present!
    :)

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Wow what a treat! I was dreading the amount of threads that Christmas would generate - thanks mods!

Everyone asking "I got an iTouch now what?" should look here:

http://toucharcade.com/2009/12/25/best-ipod-touch-and-iphone-games-2009-buyers-guide/

and the associated comments. The staff did a wonderful job rounding everything up.

8. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Is shift worth the actual sale price? I heard that it hasn't a good value...

9. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    But then again worth varies from people to people. Gold to me may be junk to you and vice versa. You can read read through the game thread, find some reviews and maybe even vids.

10. Kingda Ka

Kingda Ka Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Same here.. Is Shift worth the money? Or should i get labryinth 2 or nba live?

11. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    :Shift: is good for 99ยข, but it doesn't have much replay-ability after you beat it unless you really want to be on the leaderboards. It is a fun game though.

12. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    okay, to get a bit life into this thread, I'm searching for a game...
    The price doesn't matter, I prefer action and racing games, but great games from other genres are welcome, too!

Here's already a big hug to all guys who answer ;)

13. Kingda Ka

Jul 6, 2009
    Should i get N.O.V.A. or :shift btw for the next couple of days will not be able to access wifi. So will the Nova single player keep me occupied for these days?

14. Dan007

Dan007 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Russia
    Aight dude. The ABSOLUTE best and full featured FPS on the app store right now is NOVA. It has amazing single player with 13 missions and it takes like 5-6 hours to complete (and it has multiple endings). The graphics are amongst the best available on the platform and it runs very smooth. But the best part is online multiplayer. Just gorgeous experience. Multiple weapons and maps, which have sniper spots and special perks etc. Just but it now. Its so worth it.

15. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Nova is already on my wishlist, just one question: does the multiplayer need UPNP?

16. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Are you talking about Need for Speed: Shift or the port of the flash game, :Shift:? I'd actually get nfs: Shift over N.O.V.A.; I've actually already gotten bored of N.O.V.A.

17. Kingda Ka

Jul 6, 2009
    Nfs... i heard it didnt have great replay value.

18. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    N.O.V.A. is a great game. The single-player missions are fun and pretty diverse, so I didn't get bored with it. What kept me going was the online part. For me, NFS: Shift wasn't all that great. I still thought Real Racing was superior to it except for customization. So if customization is your thing, go with Shift. Of course, this is all my opinion.

19. Kingda Ka

Jul 6, 2009
    I decided to get NOVA. SO far its great. Thanks for your help.

20. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina