Games with RPG elements?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by merkamerka, Jan 25, 2010.

1. merkamerka

merkamerka Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Not like The Quest, or text based stuff, I mean visually active games like... Hookchamp where you buy you hooks and upgrade stuff, or Zenonia where you build your character and more.

I see so many great games getting released but a good percentage are TBA. Any current ones?

I haven't tried Crusade of Destiny because the graphics looks really really unappealing to me, but some people tell me it's good.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    dungeon hunter
    ravensword
    inotia 2
    eliminate
    hero of sparta
    hybrid: eternal whisper

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Don't forget James Cameron's Avatar.

4. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    match-3 with rpg is Puzzle Quest

5. merkamerka

Jan 22, 2010
    ._.

I have Dungeon Hunter, I'm afraid to actually try Ravensword (looks eh), Got Inotia 2 and love it but I'm waiting for the hunter patch, use to have hero of sparta, hybrid is a little nasty, and Eliminate's online is good, but I really hate the P2P element of it, which is why I don't have it anymore.

Extra question. Any games with an online element or something that keeps you coming back? Inotia and N.O.V.A keep me coming back for the online play, but eh, Inotia is saved on your side (I need to back up my iPod and delete everything so I can jailbreak it again since I deleted Cydia, which is why I'm not playing Inotia anymore.)

Sorry about that wall of spam.

TL;DR, Played them all, like them or have them and don't really touch them.

6. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    The deep, Hook champ style upgrades with a metroid-esque level progression and an excellent game

And if you can handle retro games Golvellius is my favorite rpg on the app store

7. jbone1337

jbone1337 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    #7 jbone1337, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
    i have defender chronicles, its a defense game with rpg elements(you have a hero and can level it up and buy equips for). its pretty fun.

and you dont need to restore to jailbreak again. just run blackra1n again, you should get the blackra1n app again and not loose any data. I also suggest getting Rock and cydia.(rock has like almost everything cydia does, but you can make a rock account and it backs-up all JB apps for you)

and you can download App backup from rock/cydia(it backs up you app store apps with the game saves intact) or atleast ive heard i havent used it before.

and you can get gpSphone from rock/cydia(its a gba emulator) and can get alot of rpg games from there like final fantasy I,II,IV,V,VI,tactics advance ect.

8. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
  9. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

definitely the deep

10. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Isn't the Deep a pinball game?

11. merkamerka

Jan 22, 2010

Can you tell me any emu that doesn't cost money for cydia =/? that sort of defeats the point.