Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I wish I had like even 10% of your free time...

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I only sleep 3 hours a day if that's any hint. I work 16-18 hours a day working 3 jobs :p

3. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I think one is named leviathan,I seen a unity symbol as an app picture on his phone when he posted a screenshot on twitter-I could be wrong though

4. lukeperman

lukeperman Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Get to it man! My L29 character is itching for something new to do... Btw, has anyone found out how to access the locked gate in Heronmar where the Elf Prince was slain? ...

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hopefully you can. I been dieing to play this and bought it when it just came out :)

6. U don't understand how unity works, download the indie version and try it out... Textures barley effect it... And the veiw is difficult to change... It takes a ton more work than u think...

7. Wow, been a while... Haven't played this game in over a month... There's nothing left to do... Where's that content i don't care about outdated iOS devices... They knew the day was coming... What about us ur paying customers? I think it's cool and all that ur trying to support the older devices but that's like porting a ps3 game to a ps2... Sure it can be done but is it worth it?

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah I agree. The iPod 4 is what, over two years old? Whatever happened to that new content? At least tell us that new content isn't coming so that we know.

9. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Sorry guys, had to shift gears a little bit because we have a game due for a client which is another big RPG (this time sci fi)
    as well as getting the android version out so that those folks can also play it.
    As soon as I know when more content is coming I'll let you know!

10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    The difference is that Firemonkeys I'm assuming is a slightly larger team than the current Ravensword team which is just Jason and myself. Jason is also dealing with all of the Android stuff right now. Suffice to say his time is very limited...

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    We started getting it running on iPod touch 4, and more scenes are running now, at least.
    Still will take more work to get the entire game running.

12. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Appreciate all the work you guys are putting in for us crones. :p

13. I love how quickly and consicly josh posts... Thx for the input... And sci fi like mass effect or like fallout cause if it's like mass effect I am ready to buy it three times over and donate some money to u good sir...

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    well - hmm. its kind of a combination of a few things - mass effect, dead space, fallout, star wars, dune, etc..

15. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Not to be flame bait but whenever I hear about an Android version I can't help but to think of the piracy horror stories that some games have had to deal with.

For example:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-24-football-manager-dev-hopes-to-stick-with-android-despite-9-1-piracy-rate
    and
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dead-Trigger-Goes-Free-Play-Because-90-Android-Users-Pirates-44969.html

If 9 out of 10 copies of 99 cent Android games are pirated, do you feel confident that they'll pay $7 for Ravensword? I'm sure copies for iOS are also acquired illegitimately so I'm not saying iOS players are saints.

Once you release on Android and collected some data, would you be willing to share details about the percentage of pirated copies on iOS vs Android?

16. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    You had me at fallout

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    yeah I'm sure its going to be pretty bad. the game wasn't designed to be a free game though. we're going to add a shop, so people can buy xp and boosts and stuff like that, maybe then some of the people who pirate on android will still pay for something.

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Never thought I'd suggest this, but how about adding a shop to the iOS version and if the revenue is sufficient, add some new content?

19. #1919 Zdgames, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    I'm drooling over mass effect and dune fallout was great but new vegas was not so much but mass effect oh my god yes yes yesssssss just what iOS needs epi story life or death dessions and deep and multi level conversations with followers that feel realistic... That is what I want this to be...

Also we need MOAR COWBELL!!!

20. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Personally, it seems like a lot of effort with the expectation of a loss. never during my playthrough did I feel like I needed an XP boost or stuff like that so I'm curious if there's any revenue in that. I feel like most pirates hide behind the reason that "well there should be a free trial version". If you had a free version then they'd have no excuse.

It seems like such a widespread problem that you'd think developers would say "sorry, you can't have nice things" on Android or at least make a much bigger stink about it so that Google locks things down a bit more so that developers can deservedly make a living off their hard work.

As was mentioned by someone else, I'd rather you focused your efforts by adding new content for those who paid. if required, I'd even throw a couple dollars if there was an IAP for additional content...