Universal Tales of the Adventure Company (by Eric Farraro)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    #101 Jerutix, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    For sure! It's easily my Game of the Month!

And an update to my Edit. The Game Center achievement page does still pop up.

2. simplemindead

simplemindead Active Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Well at the very least, it was game of the week, as voted by the TA forum. It was a pretty close one but Tales came out victorious! :)

3. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    does this game have levels or is it high score based?

4. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Yes. There are currently 6 episodes (and a 7th coming soon) that you could consider levels. Each episode has its own leaderboard.

I haven't paid as much attention to the leaderboard as I have to completing episodes.

5. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    ok so I finally broke down after literally reading all 11 pages of this thread and bought the game. From what it seems I will not be disappointed at all. I can't wait to delve into the depths of adventuring awesomeness!!!

I'll come back up for air later :)

6. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

What Jerutix said :p I added leaderboards because I know some people care about that, but the game is really designed to be about beating the levels.

@aconfusedkender: Hope you enjoy! :)

7. simplemindead

simplemindead Active Member

Apr 26, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Wait, so those nubs(on the pixel sprite) weren't arms.. they're actual nubs. Well now that I think about it, I should've arrived at that conclusion since nobody in Tales has arms.

8. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    @skorhwerks: hey I'm gonna buy this right now, also due to your comments about Dream Quest on their forum which I really liked - I only now realised you were the dev for this game...

9. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    This looks rather good.

@slothwerks, any chance of a landscape view?

10. slothwerks

slothwerks Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Hpmor: Thanks! Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Dream Quest (and card games in general). I'm currently exploring some ideas for future games that might be card based.

Misguided: I'd considered it for the Steam release (if I can get through Greenlight!), but at this point, not totally sure if I'll do a landscape view. I don't want to say it won't happen, but I don't want to promise anything I can't deliver.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Congrats on the awesome review slothwerks! Definitely well deserved ;)

12. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Awesome game!! I have encountered a bug, though, I can't continue my current run on my iPhone 4s, all quest/baddie icons on top are tombstones, I can tap on tiles and they reveal an enemy but I cannot attack.

Killing the app and restarting does not help, seems I have to abandon my run...

13. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Tried to post a screenshot does not work...

14. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Any news on the 1.2 update?

15. Champagne01

Champagne01 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Wow - this one went under the radar for some reason. It's fantastic. The shot of RPG goodness. The variation of the puzzle elements. The slick presentation. It's great. With this and Auro, alongside Transistor and Xenowerk for contrast in scale, I have a pretty much perfect row of games on my home screen.

Only gripe - the icon on the 6+ seems to be blurry. In-game graphics are super crisp, as is the icon in the App Store. Wondering it there might a fix on its way for this?

Man, so glad to have found this one though.

16. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #116 Gurney Halleck, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Wow! Really missed out with this one! It's such a great example of depth and accessibility! Easy to pick up and play in short bursts, but really feels immersive at the same time. Drawing me in with its charm and multiparty RPG goodness ^_^* Wish I had found this sooner!

*****Just a note to the developer, and to any others listening. I was reminded of your game (after having been curious about it before) when I saw your game mentioned in Touch Arcade article regarding the 32bit Appocaypse and your comment about not knowing that anyone was still interested in your game. You said that you were happy to know people were still wanting to play it and so you said that you will look into updating to 64bit.

I feel like your really fun game has flown under the radar. I hope that you get a good boost of visibility and many more people can enjoy Tales of the Adventure Company! Thank you for thinking of the players and for keeping this alive!

I am happy that I bought and played this, and that I get to support another greatly responsive and humble indie developer!

Cheers!!

17. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    So, Episode VII isn't finished yet? There are a lot of placeholders...