Rage of the Gladiator - (by Gamelion) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gamelion_Sebastian, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Really enjoying this. Game is polished to the max and is running silky smooth on my 4s. I'm really impressed so. Will continue playing and post more impressions

2. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Ok been playing for about a hour or so. I must say I'm really enjoying it. The graphics are top notch and the game is polished to death. Great job by the devs. It runs silky smooth on my 4s. Gameplay is kind of like infinity blade but just feels so much better to me. IAP's ate there but don't think you need them. This is a must have!!

3. Midas

Midas Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Fantastic Looking game on iPad 3 and running very smoothly, iap not needed only ment for Those people who are impatient.Great Looking characters,a bit of humor,Nice action everything a game in this genre needs,thumbs up for the dev!
    Top tier original game on ios That sits very comfortably right next to infinity blade,highly recomended to Anyone who enjoys these kinds of games!

4. Timmybaz

Timmybaz Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Uk
    Good game, thanks!

Received my promo code with thanks! I have been really enjoying the game so far, graphics, controls and menus are all spot on. The thing I like most about the game though is that it has a ton of character and makes me giggle at some points and get my serious game face on at others. Overall a five star game for me and I wish the devs best of luck with the realease

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Got a promo code (thank you!), played for about 10 min, here are some impressions:

The game plays a lot like infinity blade, but gives you a lot of special attacks, jump button and different characters with individual personalities. It's written in a very lighthearted way, the graphics are quite decent but not breathtaking. It runs very well with 2 sec loading times. So far no IAP seems to be needed whatsoever. Overall I'm enjoying it, who ugh for a 500+ mb install size I'm not sure how long it will stay on my 32gb iPad.

6. Gamelion_Sebastian

Gamelion_Sebastian Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
  7. Gamelion_Sebastian

Sep 15, 2009
    We still have few promo codes left. Anyone interested to write a review in this thread before the official release of the game on Nov. 21st please send me a private message.

8. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks for the code. I tried it on the iPhone 3GS. It ran great the first two fights. Then every time I tried to fight the sea lady, it crashed at some point or another. I'm assuming memory issues. If you can fix them, then it might be playable on that phone.

9. Gamelion_Sebastian

Sep 15, 2009
    If you reboot the device, close all apps. Does that help?

10. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    I would like to thank the devs for letting me try the game by a promocode.
    As promised, my review:
    The game , on itouch 4g ios 5.0.1 is running super smooth. It crashed at the sea lady too, but I rebooted and worked fine. The controls are good, the graphics are fantastic and the opponents are varied (the voice acting is also very cool) . Regarding IAP, I think there's no problem as long as you can replay levels to grind ( not needed until now).
    Overall, I'm positively impressed, because it is rare to find a game with great graphics running smoothly on an ipod 4. Recommended!

11. Dannyz2000

Dannyz2000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Hey I messaged you ages ago about the promo code. I'm willing to write a review of your app.

12. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    To the devs : it seems that there is a problem with 256 mb RAM devices, like my itouch 4. I cannot go further than the 3rd battle.

13. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Thanks for the code!

Played the game for a hour or so. First things first, don't make the mistake to think this game is trying to ride on the Infinity Blade wave. Rage of the Gladiator is actually older than IB since it is originally a Wii game.

And right from the bat the first thing that surprised me is how the developers went the extra mile. They didn't just port the game, they really put a lot of effort in taking advantage of the extra horsepower. Rage of the Gladiator looks better than ever, with better lightning, textures and a lot of shaders and normal mapping. It looks much better on iOS.

As for the game, think of Punch Out! with a fantasy setting. You see, while Infinity Blade is a game focused on RPG elements, getting better gear, etc, Rage of the Gladiator goes the Punch Out! route and focus on charm, personality and pattern memorization. Every boss is highly different from the other, and they all have very distinct designs and animations.

The game does have light RPG elements, like different gear and skills, but the focus here are the bosses. With challenging patterns, witty dialogues and impeccable animation, it's incredibly rewarding to beat them after a number of failed attempts. You see, like Punch Out!, Rage of the Gladiator is one of those games that you just can't put it down until you beat that nasty boss you were having so much trouble with. It has that "just one more try, now I can do it" flavor to it. Though it only shows in higher difficulty levels.

It was a $10 Wiiware game. It was worth it then and it's still worth it now. Especially considering the price will probably be lower.

Buy it

14. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    same here.

15. Gamelion_Sebastian

Sep 15, 2009
    Sorry guys, we ran out of promo codes. We already gave more free codes to TA users than got back reviews.

Anyway, the game will be live from tomorrow (Nov 21st) for only $0,99 (which is almost free ;) ) on the App Store

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Darn.you know I would have reviewed it:)

17. Gamelion_Sebastian

Sep 15, 2009
  18. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Wow. That's a steal.

Get it folks!