Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    Hi Forum Buddies,

No one put their hand up for Templum stater set ..... I'll keep for another 12 hours then sell them ... Need the space ......

Have glittering gem set to give away also .... I'll keep for 24 hours ....

I will need help with this week's set as I'm only level 28.... So can't breed quiltas .....

I really understand what lisianne was saying a few pages back ... People on lower levels get totally road blocked by advanced level sets ... I enjoyed back breeding old sets and still have many (12 months worth ) of sets to go .... But first have to get past the new higher level sets ....
    thanks to everyone for recent frog gifts ... I really appreciate every frog received ... I will get back to keeping track and sending out gifts in the next week or two ...

XXX

2. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Thanks to dean and Dean Keith for the multiple frog gifts since I last posted.

3. Adp

Adp Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I know there are a lot of these guys going around right now, but...

I've got a set of glittering gems courtesey of Ella that I'd like to pass on and not sell. I'm a ways from level 28 and I'm hoping someone else can use them!

I'd been looking at the unfilled happy 2013 set on my menu screen for a bit and reading about all the set trading here and thinking I might want to try that. Then Ella sent me the gems!

Ok, I get it now.

Please let me know if you want them.

4. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Slight clarification to my own post. "Nothing needed in return," as it applies to this forum, I think, doesn't mean don't pay it forward in some way. Someone wrote me a while ago about protocol here (do we have a protocol?). I replied that staying & contributing to the forum, not simply accepting a gift freely given & then splitting, was enough for some people. Others were seeking trading partners, no matter what their level. Individual generosity & overall collaboration are what make this forum tick.

Majority of your "game time" or your "free time," Mal? ;)

NB, hoist by its own petard -- PFers are so busy playing PF that they have no time for other games NB creates!

What an incredibly clever idea, dlstar! Not sure I ever would have thought of that in 10,000 frog years.

Well, my "don't throw me in the briar patch" suggestion was a total dud. Now we have a set with level 31 frogs with one semi-duplication (two prunis)which will shut out another huge group of players who enjoyed sets.

I fully expected NB to ease back on the throttle after the Glittering Gems Set (level 28) but such was not the case. Glad I didn't bet any coins on it! All that's left is a level 32 set with all totally different, non-inter-breedable frogs.

Dom, I have begun this set already & will do it myself. Save your sets, if you breed many, for others here in need. It'll take me a while to finish since I'm stingy with potions but I can immediately offer one Violet Caelus Quilta for breeding two of the Quiltas to another person who is capable of breeding at that level. The person doesn't need to be my friend, yet, but does have to have contributed to this forum by offering frogs or sets to others.

Final thought about presenting a level 31 set when people enjoy this feature & many are trying to complete past sets; it's like taking a feature away, tantamount to having racing as a feature & having that taken away.

Sorry if I give the impression of being grumpy & disheartened by NB's set choices but I AM grumpy & disheartened.

p.s.: Thanks to Andi for the Scutulata.

5. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    Level 31

If you asked my wife that question, she would say they are one and the same! Even my 6 year old granddaughter says I'm always playing PF. By the way, my yougest daughter suggested PF would be a good game for my granddaughter to play on my iPod Touch. I helped her out until she found something else to play (and got her own iPod), then moved the game to my iPad (I was hooked because of the larger display). Then I got stuck looking for a Signum, Domenic15 saw my plea on another site and directed me here... And the rest is history! So the answer to your original question is that PF takes up the majority of my game time. I also play 'Bejeweled', 'Spider Solitare' and 'Words with Friends' while I wait for eggs to hatch and tadpoles to mature. I enjoy reading and have to abandon the pond occasionally so that I can maintain a balance. My current plan is to reach level 32, dex 100% of the blues for the V2 breeds, and then hibernate again - as I did once the V1 blues were done. (More info than you wanted, right).

I enjoy reading your posts and share your frustration with some of NB's actions. As a follow up to a previous exchange regarding the loss of 'new' on gifts received, I now accept all gifts (unless a V1 blue) and use the stamps I've been hoarding to keep my mailbox relatively clear.

I reached level 31 just a short while ago so I am able to breed this week's set as well. But it is going to take a while. Maybe I'll even catalog/clone a set to help the 'super-gifters' a little. But my friends list is very short and primarily includes those same 'super-gifters' - no need for names, you know who you are! Thanks to everyone on this forum.

Take care.
    Mal

6. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hi all,
    I don't contribute much here on the forum, but I can see your points and disappointments when being or feeling like being used. :(

I really enjoy breeding sets and usually breed a number of sets and pass them on to friends and neighbors. Whether they want them or not. :D Therefore it is a bit disappointing to get another set that is unachievable. :( Or at least unbreedable for me. I do have a Quilta though, if anyone wants/needs a contribution. :)

If anybody feels like passing on this week's set to me, I will gladly pass it on to someone else in need and hopefully I'll be able to breed sets again soon.

Have a nice evening.

7. canadianharuka

canadianharuka Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Thank you, malbarnes, for the Pictoris! Looking at your habitats, I think you have all the breeds I've got and more, but I'll send a frog and hope you need the colour.

I have the Tesla Coil set ready to go, if anyone wants it!

8. dehvokahn

dehvokahn Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Oy, it's been a bad week in real life, but I wanted to get back on here and offer up the lovely set of Gemmas that were shared with me if anyone is still in need (or even just wants them)! I've got a couple open habitats, so I'll hold on to them for a while if anyone comes up needing a Gemma, just let me know. I'm going to be on the road for a week or so, so I won't be in the thread much, so please send me a PM and I'll pass them on. :)

I'm sure everyone under the sun is looking for Quiltas, so I'll throw my begging hat into the ring. I'm only level 27, so I can't breed these buggers yet, but putting one in the Dex would be helpful so I can come back and breed them when I get leveled up!

GameCenter ID: Tryclyde

9. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26689 XXXBR, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Lisi, the last thing I want to do is throw you in the briar patch. I just remembered you saw this coming before high level sets were released at a point at which I didn't think about it because it hadn't affected me personally ... Which makes you less selfish than me ....

More thoughts on the briar patch theme:
    Brer Rabbit was caught by his enemy, fox. Whilst fox was contemplating what to do with rabbit, rabbit pleads "please dont throw me in the briar patch" Fox throws rabbit in, rabbit smiles and says "I was born and bred here" and thus outwits fox.

XXX

10. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Yes, it is that time of week. Taking orders for this week's set. I do understand that many may need mor than just a starter so when ordering, please let me know how you would like your order done. Rare---starter set or well done ---full set. They will be ready some time tomorrow.

11. frogsinmypocket

frogsinmypocket Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Dom I'll take it well done this week (no where near level 31) and I'll be passing it on to ADP as soon as I am done with it

I also will have a heat wave set up for grabs if anyone wants it shortly after this it is currently maturing (I did a dumb thing and pressed get new set and now am stuck until I've done the quilt set).

something black in return by the looks of it.

Ella

12. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    Unless I am mistaken, the starter set and complete set are the same since it ask for 8 different frogs this week, right? This is really unfair IMO. High level frogs and all different? pffff

I'll do it myself Dom this week since I can and I am sure a lot of peoples will need your help. I hope it will not be the same all week from now on.

13. WhovianKate

WhovianKate New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    New to the board, looking to share

Hey everyone! I've been playing a while, but just come across this forum. For the longest time I've been trying to track down the Persona frog and finally was gifted one. If there's anyone else who was looking for one, add me and let me know and I'll send u one. My ID is manar5. I don't need anything in return, just hoping to return the favor I was shown :)

14. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    Good for you, for the putting down the game to read a :::gasp::: book! Since you're going to do the Quilta Set yourself, do you want the Violet Caelus Quilta (for the Violet & the Caelus frogs)? It's free. No strings attached.

Au contraire, mon ami, I was looking out for NB & I felt using higher value frogs would be a turn off many given that the user didn't have the choice to do back sets (like Awards in PF or Missions in TT) done in ANY order. Selfishness doesn't enter into it & it wasn't a case of selflessness on my part. Don't feel guilty -- that's needlessly self-flagellating. So many feelings in the world: happy, delighted, elated, jubilant, ecstatic, etc. Choosing guilty seems a bit "film noir."

I thought most people here would recognize the "Briar Patch" allusion when I suggested NB release a level 50 Weekly Set. Thanks for your explanation for those whose knowledge of kiddy-age books has faded. And, no, briars hurt my delicate skin so I'm not volunteering to be thrown anywhere. Though, NB did throw me for a loop with this highly difficult set.

Thanks for your continuing extraordinary generosity, Dom, but I'll finish this set eventually on my own. Have bred 3 of the 8 already.

Could not agree more, especially with the 8 frogs (like NB couldn't have made it 6 frogs, given the difficulty & the level), meplie. Plus isn't it worth as much as the Gemma Set in stamps & potions but it's waaaaaay harder? And, BTW, I feel, more than ever, it will be the unscalable wall erected to bar lower level players who are trying to complete past sets. Then again, if I doubt something, expect a 8 or more Set of Level 32 frogs for next week...

p.s.: Thanks to Martin for the Foramen (still not in MB). I did racing to get more Fortunos & Emblemas to pay for the ridiculously expensive cost of breeding Anuras & Quiltas & getting 20+ Anuras with a certain cachet. I could have bought the Red Ceres Quilta from the 'dex & STILL have come out ahead! MB will begin emptying tomorrow si Dieu le veux.

15. SnappyMcfrog

SnappyMcfrog Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    USA
    Lisi, I agree that NB including very high level frogs in weekly sets is a problem. If I had seen those when I was at the lower levels, I might have given up on completing weekly sets.:eek: Hopefully the devs will come to their senses and throttle back the crazy-high level frogs in the weekly sets. Being level 33, this doesn't prevent me personally from completing them, but I do sympathize with the frustrations of the players who haven't reached level 31 yet. Maybe next week the set can contain some Roboris or Obaro? Anyone else have an idea for good Valentine frogs?

Thanks to Danjarus for a Pluma,
    Malbarnes for the Plumas,
    Quossum for the Figularis,

and anyone else who sent gifts recently. :)

A nice evening to all.

16. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    Thank you for the generous offer, but... I actually have already bred those 2 frogs. Now I have to wait for a couple of habitats full of QUILTA eggs to hatch so I'll have room to continue trying to breed the right ones. I can't count the number of expensive Anuras I have generated during this process.

My friends list is very short and yours is at the opposite extreme. So that makes me even more appreciative of your offer. Maybe we'll have an opportunity to exchange gifts in the future. Just let me know if you ever want some Blues.

Thanks again.

Take care,
    Mal

17. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I have bred 2 sets of the quiltas, and I also have plenty of extra non-set quiltas if anyone will be wanting them. I'll offer them up for adoption once they're ready for taming.

I have a question - are players of a lower level able to race higher level frogs that they've tamed? I know that they can't breed them but I can remember if they're race able or not.

I raced my pulvillus, new quilta and a foramen this morning and in the one race I won, there were two of this weeks set frogs available as prizes. Even though I did the two finger tap I only got one of them, but that's one less I have to breed!

18. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

Oh, and...

"Hi, my name is Dlstar and I am a bookworm."

Addicted to reading.

19. Anso

Anso Active Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Hi!

Never posted in the thread before, but I have played Pocket Frogs since it's release. This is the first week I can't do the weekly challenge set since it started as I do not have Quilta frog. Is there any chance that anyone can send me one please? I really don't mind the colours it has, I can do all the breeding for the set myself. Thanks in advance for any help! My ID: AnsoS.

Thank you! :)

20. joshdubrau

joshdubrau Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    sketchy: lecture, tutor, write, edit, study
    Near Sydney, Oz. Near the beach.
    Hi Distar,

I just tried to race a Quilta (I'm lvl 27) and no dice.

Josh
    GC - joshdubrau