Mushroom Wars Mini - iPhone version with Online Multiplayer is coming on May 9!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by i-Free, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i-Free

i-Free Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    #1 i-Free, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013

To all Mushroom army commanders! Get ready for total mobilization!

A long-expected Mini version of "Mushroom Wars" will be available in the App Store soon! From as early as May 9 iPhone and iPod touch users will have a chance to show their worth in online multiplayer mode, playing against real gamers, with the chance to break into the top world ratings!

TL;DR: Yes, all your iPhones now belong to our mushroom base.

[​IMG]

Initially a PlayStation®Network game, Mushroom Wars was named one of the Top 25 PlayStation®Network games of all time by IGN. Released to the AppStore on January, 24, the game has quickly become #1 iPad Strategy game in US and around the world.

We are happy to announce that by popular demand we have created an iPhone version of Mushroom Wars so that the game occupies as little space as possible on your device. It is very important for us that you enjoy the game and save the resources of your phone!

This version will also allow you to take part in network battles for two, three or four opponents. There will be battles of three types available: either conquering all opponents; possession of key points; or scoring of a pre-defined point tally!

[​IMG]

In addition, Mushroom Wars Mini will also feature 5 new singleplayer missions and a news section, keeping you updated with all the latest info. The most faithful gamers will find lots of new challenges to complete during the game!

★ 32 maps in Single Player Campaign
    ★ Three modes of multiplayer competition.
    ★ Up to four players in a battle.
    ★ 7 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Br. Portuguese.
    ★ Be part of a fascinating journey with a story-driven campaign.
    ★ Test your strategic thinking. Get easily acquainted with the RTS genre, or plunge into the depth of gameplay with its three difficulty settings in both layout and powers.
    ★ Three types of controls to augment player flexibility and speed of reaction; support for left-handed players.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game will be available in the AppStore startig May 9 throught the following link:

[​IMG]

2. SirFobos

SirFobos Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
  3. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    So, it will be ONLY for multiplayer ???
    NO single player campaign ???
    Will it be at least free or with a price ???

4. i-Free

i-Free Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    #5 i-Free, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
    Hello everyone,

The price was set at $0.99. But a ZERO SALE could be made for the first adopters, so don't forget to check it out on May 9th :)

Thank you for the question about the Campaign mode. It is included in iPhone version for all supported devices. "Mini" in the titile relates to the screen size, not to the amount of content :)

The Multiplayer mode could be unavailable on devices that are not capable of providing solid performance in online multiplayer mode. We kindly ask you to check the game description in iTunes Store before making the purchase, if Multiplayer is what you aim for. We thank you for understanding.

Best regards,
    Helga

5. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Ok, sounds ok for me. :)

6. SirFobos

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    I still play this on my ps3 from time to time and for a buck the single player is def worth it if your device inst supported for multiplayer.

7. i-Free

i-Free Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Thank you for kind words. We hope we managed to make the Campaign equally enjoyable experience on iPhone (squeezit is our second name now :)). We look forward to hearing feedback from players - the final judgment belongs to them.

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    So is this a separate version than the iPad? I have the iPad version and love it. I would love to play it on the go. I don't mind doubling up. Some games have just released universal updates lately and I was just wondering about that.

Assuming this is a second version - can you play cross devices? Would love to play with my nephews on the iPad and on the iPhone!

This will be an insta-get for me.

9. i-Free

i-Free Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Hi New England Gamer,

Great to hear you have our game on iPad - thank you! BTW, did you know that this Thursday the Online Multiplayer update for iPad will go live? :)

Answering your question - yes, Mushroom Wars Mini is a separate release. We had to adjust maps and controls to make the game playable on devices with small screen.

But the major reason why we did not go with universal is the app size. The iPhone version is smaller, so there - hopefully - will be more space for great music and cool photos on your iPhones and iPods :)

Direct play across devices is not included in this game, but we keep it in mind for the future updates.

Best regards,
    Helga

10. i-Free

i-Free Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Ready, set...

Just one day left!

And rumors say that the Mushroom Wars Mini might be completely free on a few first days after launch! Don't forget to check it out in iTunes App Store May 9th! :)

11. SirFobos

Aug 10, 2012
    Police Officer
    Kansas City
    I'm liking this news, looking forward to midnight tonight!