Do iPhone and iPod touch replace the need for a PSP/DSi?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by learjetzoom, Apr 20, 2009.

?

Does the iPhone/iTouch replace the need for a PSP/DS?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    47.7%
  1. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ever since the App store opened my PSP and DS lite havn't seen any love. I am wondering if anyone else has found their portable consoles neglected as they transition to the iDevice.

Are there any games worth keeping the PSP/DS for? I think mine might find their way to craigslist.

2. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    wrong section.....

3. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Wrong section...

...but anyway might as well

Same with my PSP. Though I will keep it since it's perfect for long trips because the games are more in depth and keep me entertained a lot longer.

4. learjetzoom

Feb 27, 2009
    Kinda,
    I love how quick people are to respond to threads with "wrong section" or "use the search." Wouldn't it be more appropriate to let the moderators do their job?

5. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    No. The DS will forever dominate the iPhone/iPod Touch in gaming. Period.

6. Dr Ashworth

Dr Ashworth Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I personally feel really lazy and the opposite of thrifty when I own two portable current-gen systems. So, while the DS has some really awesome games, I'm loving that the iPhone is more flexible and useful, yet is getting competitive in that area.

7. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Not so sure on that one though. I like the games on the DS but I'm more of a hardcore side and the PSP is more of a hardcore while the DS is for the more younger/older side and I believe the iphone is somewhere in the middle. Where's the maybe option on this poll >:[

8. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

the iphone/ipod touch is more for 10-15 minutes of playing but the ds and psp can keep someone entertained for much longer

9. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    No. I have both the DS/PSP/iPod touch for their own reasons. Though I carry around my iPod touch more since I'm on campus a lot of the time.

10. learjetzoom

Feb 27, 2009
    A follow up question..

What games in the App store do you feel compare to the quality of a game on the DS/PSP

11. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    No. The DSi is an actual game system.

12. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    None.

13. spyker3292

spyker3292 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I play my PSP and DSi a lot more than my iPhone. The iPhone games are mostly small little gems to play when you have a short amount of time, or you just have your phone with. PSP/DS games are way longer and polished.

14. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    2XL Supercross is the closest IMO, but none yet have quite reached those heights.

15. ricky

ricky Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2008
    all. haha jk if I had to chose, I would say Galaxy on Fire. That game dominates. Also Super Monkey Ball can be compared... just my opinion but I like iPhone games better because they are more portable and similar quality.

16. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    My PSP is collecting dust now that I have my iPhone. But I suppose casual gaming is all that matters to me now.

17. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #17 djflippy, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
    Yes

I have around 10 games for my PSP. I have almost 600 for the iPhone. Even if most of those fall out of favor, I still have about 5 pages of must-have apps. I play the iPhone 80 guhjillion times more than I ever played my PSP.

And, for the record, I like the PSP. I stood in the rain, in Japan, for over four hours to by the PSP on launch day. Unfortunately, it was a great platform that didn't have the games needed to keep it top-tier.

18. cmd2010

cmd2010 Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Even though I did enjoy the PSP and was planning on purchasing a DS, having an iTouch completely took care of my on-the-go gaming needs. I especially like being able to just put the device in my back pocket and forget about it. Plus, since I prefer TD games, I also don't feel the need to play any other portable gaming system at the present time.

There's no way I would currently purchase a DS and I will probably give my PSP away. If I really feel to need to play more engaging games, I'll just use the PC or purchase a PS3/360.

19. solaris7

solaris7 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    8 people seriously think that they will replace PSP/DS?!!!!Do those people even own a psp or a ds?

20. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    For me, it can't replace my ds. Some games on the ipod touch seem good enough to compete with the games on ds, too bad the battery just can't handle hours of play.