Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. iamthekiller

iamthekiller Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm at level 26 right now but it's happened since I installed. At first I thought it was a choppy mp3, but it's regardless of me playing from my music library, streaming radio, etc.

I rebooted the phone and opened up only Tiny Tower and my ipod, still skips.

iphone 4, 4.3.3, jailbroken but I don't have winterboard or any memory hogging nonsense.

Thanks!

2. Wolfplayer

Wolfplayer Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    I've found an annoying bug:

If you have a Bitizen move in, and you tap the ok button too fast, he will disappear. I did it twice by accident, and one time intentionally to test it. So just be careful you don't tap too fast!

And I just hit 51 Dream Jobs...but of course my Bitizens still find something to complain about in Bitbook~

3. SuperMexican

SuperMexican Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Athlete at Nike Factory Kansas City
    Kansas City, Kansas
    hey add me on gamecenter, SuperMexican

4. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Yup, only I go one step further and try to get another floor going as soon as the currently building one is less then 3 hours from completion. That way I can always get the full benefit of the construction VIP.

----

On another topic, if Nimblebit is taking suggestions for future tweaks, I'd like to either have the coin counting sound effect reduced substantially in volume or have an option to mute it altogether. In general, the sound effects are well done and functional (the plate clinking for food businesses is a bit jarring, but I've largely gotten used to it). Got the ding for someone wanting to take an elevator ride and the chime for a product ready, but that money counting... chink, chink, chink, chink, chink (^infinity). It serves no purpose and is there any time I want to listen to something and letting the game play.

5. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    #1005 gunxsword, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
    Same here, except I HATE them (farmville, glu's recent releases etc)
    Same here, except I'm absolutely ADDICTED to this game
    Typical 'features', will ya? You should not expect to be occupied by the game for every minute of play. If you find the game to be too slow or have lack of gameplay, wait until you get a taller tower and have more things to manage.
    Em, I want to disagree with you on everything here... I wish Nimblebit could increase the amount of coin counting effects. ATM they sound quite boring because the sound effect plays at a set interval and give no real sense of cash flow. :D
    In general, imo, the other sound effects could be muted. I dislike the sound of opening the floor information panels. Elevator sound is alright but its something I'd rather not have.

6. jasonc84

jasonc84 New Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Game still crashes instantly for me after the update. I tried a hard reset of my iPod with no luck. Running on iOS 3.1.3.

7. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    I think I finally figured it out, should be fixed in the next update sorry!

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't buy it. The further you get in Tiny Tower, the less effect IAP has on your game. It's only at the beginning you need the cash injection so if you're sitting at 15 floors, why are the annoyances only "beginning" to appear? You should be raking in enough cash and gathering enough bux to keep yourself going, all the while keeping busy with ordering stock, sorting out dream jobs, colour schemes, etc.

If Tiny Tower's gameplay was a boulder rolling down a hill, IAP would be the lever that sets it in motion.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Oh, and I say keep the sounds. With all the feedback you're getting the only way to keep everybody happy would be to set a toggle for every sound in the game. Spend your time working on something more fun instead ;)

10. Wolfplayer

Jun 27, 2011
    I'd like an elevator upgrade for better brakes!

11. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Brilliant! I love it. That's a wonderful idea.

12. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    You know, that's an awfully astute observation. Very good point.

If I were Nimblebit, I'd want to find a way to make IAP desirable after 20+ floors. Maybe a different kind of IAP, such as the ability to buy more automation and other mechanisms to reduce the "fiddle" quotient...

13. Usaer

Usaer Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Is anyone in the top 1000 in the rankings?
    If so, how many levels do you have in your tower?
    I'm always so close.
    One moment I'm in place 1100, then when I check again, I'm in place 1300.
    As of now, I currently have 32 levels without any IAP.
    I wish there weren't so many cheaters.
    :(

14. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    That's what they did for Pocket Frogs. They offered a mailbox upgrade that delivered your purchases in half the time and the baby proofing upgrade giving the ability to move eggs outside of the nursery. The features were perfectly fair since all they were doing was knocking a little time off of tasks. If you paid, you got things done a bit faster, if you didn't, well, you were exactly in the same position as you were before they introduced the options - the end product in either case was the same. Another thing they introduced was buying legendary frogs for a reasonable chunk of potions (one of the towerbux of PF).

There's a lot of things they could bring to Tiny Tower in the same vein.
    - Custom bitizen makeovers
    - Custom floor makeovers
    - Building manager that would keep everything stocked for X time for Y towerbux - perfect for going on vacation
    - Bitizen University, send a bitizen away for 24 hours and increase aptitude in one discipline by 1

15. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #1015 C.Hannum, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
    I am currently 645 with 37 floors. The cheating is pretty rampant - in all likelihood the top 250 or so players did not get there by legitimate means.

Not sure if Apple has the ability for devs to reset leaderboards and ban user accounts or not. If they don't, they should. Nimblebit should know exactly what the theoretical maximum tower sizes are at any particular point in time so it would be nice to differentiate between those who have no honor versus just those who have no life :D

16. Usaer

Usaer Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #1016 Usaer, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
    Whoa, those are good suggestions!
    I especially like the idea of having a building manager and Bitizen University.

17. Usaer

Usaer Member

Jun 24, 2011
    645th place? Nice!
    Yeah, I wish there was a way for NimbleBit to expel the cheaters.

18. Wolfplayer

Jun 27, 2011
    I have 39 Floors, no IAP.

Last I checked, I was ranked around 550-ish.

My next floor costs $240,000....ahhhhhhhhHHHH!!!!

19. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Loving this game!!! Add me in gamecenter...GAN$TA2424

20. jofjltncb6

jofjltncb6 Active Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Huh?! Instead, he should spend his time wasting all that IAP money on hookers and blow.*

(* I keed! I keed! I condone neither prostitution nor illicit drug use. =P )