Dungeon Hunter v Ravensword?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wonderva, Nov 18, 2009.

?

Dungeon Hunter v Ravensword

1. Dungeon Hunter

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. Ravensword

58 vote(s)
    73.4%
  1. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    which rpg do you guys enjoy more? combat system, loot, controls, etc

2. RoyalCanadian

RoyalCanadian Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    why cant you people make up your own damn minds? or do you want us to make up your mind for you? there are like 10 threads like this.

3. Firestar

Firestar Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Let me make it very simple. I will assume that you are not an adult (if you are, sorry!). So the answer is very easy. Wash someones car, or wait for pocket money, or Christmas... and then buy them both! Honestly, if you live in America (I don't, so don't quote me on these prices) it should only cost $14! If this was a DS or PSP, it would be three times this much for one game.

Rant over. Carry on.

4. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I'd like to know :(

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Please check other threads first but:

I'm a gameloft fanatic and all Ive gotta say is, raven f*#%ing sword. Do it.

6. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    It's a gaming FORUM for discussion. Ravensword came out today, so no, there are not like 10 threads discussing RS vs. DH.

If you don't like the topic, don't open the thread. When people actually take the time to post that they don't like the topic that they are posting on, it makes me shake my head.

7. BABYiCE

BABYiCE Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Is Ravensword worth the money?

Pondering whether to get it or not?

8. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    Hell yeah it is.

Best game on the iPhone.

9. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Definitely yes. Ravensword is definitely a more open world experience, while Dungeon Hunter is more linear. DH focuses more on a diablo style gameplay, with constant changing of equipment being a main focus, while Ravensword provides the Oblivion/Fable/Gothic style of gameplay, with RPG mixed with exploration, and adventure.

I have to say I am enjoying Ravensword a lot right now. As Hodapp said in the front page article, I do wish there was more equipment and customization options, but right now, this is possibly the best game on the ipod touch currently. I'm hoping the expansions will include way more content, and Josh and Russ have promised that it will, so I'm hopeful for that.

Other than those few preferences of mine, this game is near perfect. Great job guys!

10. Bochu

Bochu Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Ravensword is really that good even without any spells or a skill tree?

Are there spells and abilities at least? It's not just hack and slash is it?

11. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Do enemies drop better equipment at all then? Or is it just the same old rags for the entire game? And are there skill points/attribute points that come with leveling up, assuming there are levels at all?

12. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Yes attributes, leveling, no skills (yet) Same rags, except armor upgrades. Enemies drop things like gold and hides, keys, depending on which. DH has more items in it - RS is more about exploring the world - two very different games IMO.

13. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Yup, and that's one of the things I like more about Dungeon Hunter, as I'm more of a diablo fan. However, the huge world, the exploration, and the excitement of playing this game more than makes up for it. Although hopefully, in one of the expansions, these same rags will be replaced by unique items, which will improve customization, although, being a very different game from DH, I'm not sure if they'll implement this. But even if they don't, I have to highly recommend this game. Don't expect a DH from this, but do expect to enjoy it.

14. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    I think if RS were to take some of the aspects that make DH great, it would really be the best of both worlds.

If RS had magic, skills, let you customize the stats/attributes, and more overall loot (weapons, armor, special items, magic, potions, etc)- it would blow DH away. As it stands now I like them both and I don't know which I prefer at the moment. If the better aspects of both were combined, we'd have one helluva game.

15. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    honestly I can't choose between these two .. both has it own strengths and weaknesses, but considering that Ravensword is new and there is an exciting update promised by dev, I'll opt for it instead ..

16. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    they are completely different games barr the fantasy feel. i chose not to vote.

17. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I prefer Dungeon Hunter. I have deleted Ravensword after the first quest (killing rats). It wasn't just interesting enough for me and the controls are just wrong.

18. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Lol only if the update is free.
    An expansion pack right after the first release is just bad strategy and ethics. It gives the impression the developer is way too eager to make money, and producing an incomplete product first just so he could make more money by adding the other portion as an "expansion pack".
    An expansion pack released after a few free updates would be understandable.

19. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    I would choose Ravensword...Dungeon Hunter feels funny

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    You are absolutely right. We are doing the free update first, and the Expansion pack release date is not determined yet.