Is my copy of Skee-Ball bad or are the physics in this game horrible?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by XciteMe83, Dec 3, 2009.

1. XciteMe83

XciteMe83 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    I'm referring to the Skeeball app by Freeverse, the one that's been in the Top 5 Paid Games on iTunes for a while now.

I swear this game has wonky physics... it's like the balls are made of lead... they glide but they always give a really heavy "thud" like bounce and never make the target.

Yes I've been practicing and no I don't suck... I cannot get used to these physics.

Any other people feel this way? I don't know how this game became so popular...

2. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Believe it or not- its you. The games physics are actually very well done, it just takes, well, a lot of getting used to. I hated it with a passion when I first got it, but now I like it. Still hard, but I'm used to it. Just keep at it.

3. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Have you ever actually played a real Skee-Ball game?

4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Software architect, game dev and book author
    xor eax, eax
    I agree with Derek - it's you.
    It's really hard if not impossible to create a game which is good for everybody.

P.s.
    I've received also contradictory opinions regarding the physics and the controls in my game. Some people found it frustrating, whilst other just loved the way it works.