Operation Wow, a legendary game by the developers of Time Geeks.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ivanovich, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ivanovich

ivanovich Well-Known Member

Do you remember Operation Wolf?

25 years later the developers of Time Geeks will challenge your fingers with a version of the game that was a landmark.

You will experience war first hand once again, you will enjoy missions that have marked an entire generation waiting to be thanked by the President in a game that tests your speed and accuracy.

In Operation Wow we offer a different way to get rid of your enemies as Ivanovich Games is proud to present the first multi-touch Shooter, a game system that allows you to eliminate entire armies using all your fingers at the same time.

[​IMG]

Very soon (release date at March 16th) you will be able to enjoy this legendary game. You will be astonished by its playability and fast pace.

The proof is in the pudding:

2. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    nice! loved time geeks and operation wolf, so..

looks great!

3. enzoferrero

enzoferrero Active Member

Nov 16, 2009
    I have great memories of Operation wolf !! Buff! :D

4. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    #4 Finandir, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    I got a chance to try an early release of this one. It plays great! Definitely brings back memories of hours spent in arcades during the '80s and '90s.

And playing on iOS definitely saves on quarters! :)

The included mini-games, especially Meat Ninja, are a nice added bonus. No slicing food here, but you get to shoot it. It is challenging not to just shoot everything on the screen - which will cause the game to end early with a lower score.

5. nexttime

nexttime Active Member

Aug 14, 2010
    no iPAD version?

6. ivanovich

Yes, the iPad version will be released at march 16 too :rolleyes:

With the iPAD version you can firing with 8 fingers simultaneously!! :D

7. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Played flash game like this and liked it. Also played the original in the 80s as a kid so looking forward to this semi-remake.

8. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    I actually got to play it on both iPhone 4 and iPad (iPad 2, also). It works great on both platforms. I had originally posted about playing it on the iPad, but realized this was in the iPhone section and edited my post.

While it is a really good iPhone/iPod Touch game, I think it really shines on the larger screen. 8 fingers might actually be possible, but I pretty much stick with 2. That's saying more about my skill than anything about the game, though. ;)

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    "Wow"... this is a nice surprise. Has a price point been set?

10. fritzlang

fritzlang Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Multi-touch fire?

Sounds really nice. A lot of fun hehehe.

11. louban

louban Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I have to test the multi-touch fire
    Could be a revolution!!!!!

12. gis

gis Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    The graphics looks great and the gameplay looks fast and funny. What price?

13. ivanovich

How much was a single play to Operation Wolf?

• Operation wow for iPhone only $1.99 (Infinite lives, no insert coin needed). :D
    • Operation wow for iPad only $2.99 (of course infinite lives too) ;)

Both versions available in few hours. (at march 16)

14. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Operation Wolf? No way, Operation Thunderbolt was soo much better! :D I remember having fights in the playground based on exactly this! Likewise Kick Off vs Sensible Soccer! hehehe

15. ivanovich

Operation wolf? Operation thunderbolt? ... Vah!! Operation wow is the best! :cool::D

This is the iPAD version
    [​IMG]

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    This is great ! Tapper is coming out late tonight and now Operation Wolf, its the 80's all over again !

But quick question, the multi touch thing looks great but being 'old skool' is there a joypad on screen in which i can move it around to shoot ? Be nice to have this option.

But this version seems very faithful even with the vulture flying across. Instant pickup for me but still would like the option to have a joystick as well as touch.

17. ivanovich

Believe me: When testing the muti-Touch fire the other controls will seem slow and boring.

Drag one cursor with one finger and fire with other finger is really slower than fire directly fire with your finger and really more slower than fire with more than one finger simultaneously. Even: It's much more fun!! :D

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep i'm sure that is the case, once i've had a quick go i'll probably be loving it.

I'm a huge fan of retro style games, i loved the original in the arcades in the 80's, loved the conversion on my ZX Spectrum back in the 80's and have always enjoyed these types of games.

Looking forward to getting it later