[FREE] Timberman - do not try this game if you want to keep your relations

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by DigitalMelody, May 10, 2014.

1. DigitalMelody

DigitalMelody Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Timberman is the old-school arcade game about the chopping the wood.
    Flappy Bird compared to Timberman wasn't addictive at all.

Check this out on your own risk. The game yesterday won the first prize for mobile game on the biggest games festival in central Europe - Digital Dragons.

2 days after release some people already chopped more than 30 000 wood chunks.

Have fun and let us know about your impressions!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dm.timber

2. DigitalMelody

DigitalMelody Member

Dec 20, 2013
  3. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    why does google play say you have 1000-5000 total downloads when you claim 50K a day?

4. anuloid

anuloid Active Member

May 13, 2014
    #4 anuloid, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    right or cheap trick?

:mad:
    In case of 50k per day, you should be very lucky I guess. But as seen on Google the game was downloaded within the range of 5.000-10.000... for example, this racing game - Gravitire 3D was downloaded 900.000+ times.
    I think you need to give some clarification relating to that number of downloads, or apologize for that cheap trick and disinformation in this forum.

5. DigitalMelody

DigitalMelody Member

Dec 20, 2013
    #5 DigitalMelody, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    Hi anuloid, as you said I should have clarify what I said.
    The game downloads in total 50k per day - in both App Store and Google Play.
    Due to the fact Google Play ranks works differently (released game is put in the end of the Top New Free and comes up with time) than App Store (game is put on the first place in just released list and comes down with time) game is not as well visible in Google Play as is in App Store.
    That's why it has 45k on App Store (mostly generated in Eastern Europe) and about 5k on Google Play but this value is increasing from day to day.
    Just to show that's true I publish the screenshot form Russian iTunes:

[​IMG]

Timberman is above the 2048 there!

Other issue is number of downloads in Google Play is updated with 1-2 days delay. Game was released few days ago, that's why this values are wrong there. The most accurate data we get from ads publishers sites (i.e. chartboost), now game on Google Play downloaded much more +10 000.

I hope this explanation is enough for you, if you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask.
    We don't like cheap tricks, we simply are very happy that people in Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Estonia, Moldavia etc. felt in love with the game and we wonder if other parts of the world will join them :)

6. anuloid

anuloid Active Member

May 13, 2014
    Thanks for clarification, though it would be more convincing to put the chartboost screenshot there :).
    Anyway, checked the game's positions in CIS countries, and it is really performing good.

The misunderstanding here I believe comes from the first posts of yours, because they are in "Android Games" section, and presumably almost everything is being connected to Google Play (if no other clarifications available in the post). Please, be more informative and specific in your future posts related to your products.

So, hope you'll try to keep the those positions in the AppStore during coming weeks and not only in CIS countries. As a Slavic developer I think you should translate the game to respective languages.. not much efforts ...

Keep on good work and regards,

7. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Congrats to your success!