Universal Light Apprentice Volume 1 (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What the difference between this and the previous Light Apprentice title?

3. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    +1...

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    this one contained a complete chapter 1 to 4. you have to buy it again. the previous app that you bought only contained chapter 1. and no, i dont think you can transfer the save file. i bought it again since i love this game and its been quite long await for the next chapter to come. so here we are :)

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  6. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Does this mean the 4 chapters take about 4 hours to play trough?

7. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015

You have to appreciate unexpected situations and at least they eventually released it in full.

Even both prices combined is a great price really.

8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah, kind of an odd way to release this, but it does look really good. Think this may be my only pick up this week.

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm pretty sure they were just asking if there were any differences between the old game and the new game, not complaining about it being re-released and having to essentially re-buy some of the content.

Nice new account btw.

10. scifistephen

scifistephen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2013
    Is this a complete game if so why does it say volume one I've stopped buying episodic games until they are all finished and released

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's the equivalent to a season by Telltale. All 4 episodes are already released as part of this complete game.

12. scifistephen

scifistephen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2013
    Thanks for letting me know.downloading

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice... MAkes sense. The "Volume 1" in the title got me confused there a bit.

14. razrie

razrie Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Gonna have to pass on this one. I just can't support these devs for this kind of release strategy. We basically bought a demo last release. And I just think that's scummy

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #16 NOEN, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Your basically buying Episodes 2 through 4 at a discounted price and getting Episode one for free (If you bought the first episode last year and are pussed). It's better than having 2 different apps IMO. An Episode 1 app and Episode 2-4 on another app. Not to mention, I think I paid like 2.99 or 3.99 for Episode 1 last year, so this is a really good deal and you get everything in one package. Just my 2 cents. I think they did the right thing here.

16. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    MĂ©xico
    #17 lilneo, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    I'm not sure about this one but I'm interested to buy it... But I think I need a push...

This is really good RPG? Casual, Deep? Or it's another Bullkypix game with not future?

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I like games with choices do the choices really change things around?

18. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I'm barely in but it seems like your choices effect your characters stats—warrior or pacifist. I don't know if they yield different endings, but the choices I have made so far are to try to avoid a fight or fight. There are things to find and push in the comic panels that you interact with...so each "dungeon" is like a series of comic book panels.

You can't save when you want to, unfortunately. It's at certain checkpoints. Some of the battle mini games to use different skills are a little confusing at first...but that's also a learning curve.. I haven't been able t beat the first boss yet though, after three tries. It would be nice to have an indicator for who is about to go so I am primed for the minigame, but maybe it's there and I'm not noticing it.

Overall, I am jazzed about this. Super unique and artfully done!

19. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #20 Gambler, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Gems

I suppose I'm having a little issue - After every fight you get a few gems (for buying gear). I'm in adventure mode after the lab now and had about 8 - 10 enemy encounters so far. According to the screens after every encounter I should have earned a few gems thus far (didn't keep track but should be at least 50+). Looking into the menu I still have zero though. Anybody else encountering this? Is this a glitch or are the collected gems only shown/usable later on (after completing a chapter or something)?

Also the game itself is a little buggy for me (iPad Air, 9.1). Half an hour in, I had a crash and freeze during a fight so far (enemies were beaten but the game wouldn't leave the fighting screen).

Other than that I really like it so far - Just hope the issue with the gems gets resolved or even better, resolves itself soon.

Edit: No idea if it's just me but this game is riddled with bugs and glitches. I've had three "freezes" during fights yet: Especially when the slimes duplicate themselves, I often can't attack the clone (the game doesn't recognize the creature when tapping onto it). Defending works so I could defend and heal endlessly but in the end you've got to restart the game and start at the last checkpoint again (which is also mildly annoying as the game doesn't save all to often).

Also, the game "froze" (as in not loading the next screen, the menu was still accesible) at the loading screen before the chapter one boss fight. Fortunately this time I started at the same point again after rebooting the game.

My gem count still is zero even though I must have collected over 100 already.

But my biggest gripe yet is that I can't continue after having beaten chapter 1. Even though the game recognizes the first book as completed it doesn't react and refuses to load the second chapter when I tap on it. The lock symbol is still visible but it doesn't say "You haven't completed the previous chapter" as it has before. It just doesn't load.

So all in all, for now I can't recommend the game before those bugs are fixed. I grudgingly could have accepted the freezes and crashes and even though the earned gems not showing up is pretty annoying you can at least find some of the gear offered in the store for free during the course of the game. But not being able to continue after chapter 1 is a dealbreaker of course.